item for sale in physical store/inventory question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
hi, i am thinking of choosing nopCommerce for my store, and this is all preliminary, so excuse my lack of knowledge of technical terms... but if i have a physical brick-and-mortar storefront, will nopCommerce be able to take something out of physical store inventory if it sells online? is that the default setting?

basically, i sell used items in a resale shop and i want to avoid any instances in which an item sells online, but the item has already sold in my store, creating an unhappy customer. any help is appreciated!
7 年 前
i guess i should also ask if it works the other way too. if an item sells in the store, will it disable the online listing for that item?
7 年 前
phase100 wrote:
hi, i am thinking of choosing nopCommerce for my store, and this is all preliminary, so excuse my lack of knowledge of technical terms... but if i have a physical brick-and-mortar storefront, will nopCommerce be able to take something out of physical store inventory if it sells online? is that the default setting?

basically, i sell used items in a resale shop and i want to avoid any instances in which an item sells online, but the item has already sold in my store, creating an unhappy customer. any help is appreciated!

There are two ways to do this(as per my view):

1. You can create one separate user role(e.g: StoreUser) and place order behalf of customer which purchase something physically from your store.

2. You can go to the admin section and reduce stock quantity.

phase100 wrote:
if an item sells in the store, will it disable the online listing for that item?

Yes, there are again 2 options you may have.

1. When you set available quantity = 0, it'll be displayed as out of stock. So customer cannot buy it. In that case product still displaying on front.

2. Mark as Unpublished and that product will not display at front.

For more detailed information you can go through the documentation.
7 年 前
phase100 wrote:

If you have an inventory system (ERP, POS, or alikes) in your physical store then you should connect it with Nop; otherwise proceed as recommended by Divyang
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.