Changing entity relations and few more tweaks like location based vendors for franchise like setup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 年 前
Hi all,

I am in the process of reviewing customization options and wanted to throw in a few questions before digging deeper.
I would like to know if its possible and how to have a master product list with multiple vendors,
where the available vendors for a given product is driven by the delivery location.
( okay everything is possible, but I mean within reasonable efforts )

To give you an example let's say we have a dominos like pizza franchise where:
- customer from Philadelphia would like order pizza and deliver to zip code 19093
- so he/she starts with providing the delivery address
- then goes on and see the list of the products available from the list of the vendors for that address
- then chooses the product and if there are multiple matching vendors, chooses the vendors ( based on ratings or prior experience)
- it's kind of like a franchise so the list of the pizza's are the same, but not all vendors can do all of them all the time ( they can ran out of ingredients, etc )
- vendor will confirm the delivery
- vendors would need to specify their list of zip codes where they deliver to
- and optionally give different delivery price per zip code if they feel like it

So this would mean some entity relationship model changes ( starting with the Product.VendorId ) and before I dig in I wonder if:
- other dev's have done something similar and what were the experiences ?
- anything on github maybe ?
- how painful are the upgrades when you customize the model ? does working with partial classes allows all of the above ? ( haven't spent enough time yet to review )
- or if someone knows extensions offering this or similar features ?
- or this would not fit the nop store model at all and I better look somewhere else instead ?

Apologies, if I am missing something obvious... just started looking and thought to ask around as well given the large community around nopCommerce...

I am OK with C#/ASP.NET/EF but if there are pointers, examples or reasonably priced extensions / customization options that would be great.

Let me know if something doesn't make sense or if I am on the wrong track here :)

Thank you!
7 年 前
Instead, I will store geocode (latitude, latitude) for both customer and supplier(restaurant in your case). Then will provide option to search within a kilometer radius. I will use the lang and lat to find restaurant within specified range. I thing it will be future proof and will work anywhere without any further configuration such as storing postcodes for each restaurant. To make it even better you may consider storing max delivery distance for each restaurant.
Especially useful even when a new postcode added or modified later. It often happens here in Australia.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.