New Dynamic Price Update feature in 1.60

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hello everyone,

Version 1.60 has feature I have been waiting for. It is a Dynamic Price Update. It is where the price on your product details page will update if you select a drop down box, check box, radio button, etc... that has a price associate with them.

I have a site done in 1.40, and have done a lot of custimization to it, so there is no way that I can covert it to 1.60. I have tried many different ways, with a no go. So, my thought was to take the Dynamic Price Update piece from 1.60 and put it into my 1.40 version site. I got the backend piece of it working in the admin, but am having trouble understanding how to get it working in the front end. I have tried things out, and keep getting build errors. I know it can be done. Does anyone have know who to do this, or does anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,
Paul
13 年 前
Unfortunately no one has been able to answer this question for me. I know if is a tough one. I think the only people that can answer it are the NopSolutions staff. Could anyone at NopSolutions please take a look at this question to see if you have answer this for me. I would extremely appreciate it!

Paul
13 年 前
Just compare the following files and cut/paste required code. ProductPrice.ascx and ProductAttributes.ascx
13 年 前
Thanks Andrei!

We have been trying to work with cutting and pasting the requited code for ProductPrice.ascx and ProductAttributes.ascx, but unfortunatley we are having tons of problems getting it to work. In working with this, we found that there are a number of changes to the library files in 1.60 to support this. We moved those over and it led to a large number of cascading changes, so we had to drop the whold 1.60 library folder over. This caused numourus additional errors, mostly due to a change in convention where ID was changed to Id thoughout. Changed many of these, but there are still plenty of other errors that are arising.

Do you have any idea of a way that we can get this to work? Any advice or guidance on this is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing back from you with any ideas you may have.

Thanks,
Paul Hochhalter
13 年 前
Just want to let everyone know that the more we tried to integrate the dynamic price update from 1.60 into a 1.40 project, we just kept getting more and more problems.

So, we decided the best thing to do was scrap the 1.40 project and start over with a 1.60. We were afraid it would not work well at all, and had problems when trying to do it before, but this time it went smoothly integrating our customizations we made in the 1.40 project into the 1.60 project.

All is good! 1.60 is great!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.