Moved install from local server to remote host.....problems ensued

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I moved my install of nopCommerce (1.4) to a remote host today. I am having several problems now:

1) I can't see any of the product pages. It will give me a 404 page.
2) Logging in as an admin doesn't display "administration" link @ top of the page. And will not log in at all from  /Administration/LogIn.aspx. I am able to create a new user from the site. Then go into the database and set said user to IsAdmin. Still nothing.
3) Trying to run install again (going to /Install/install.aspx) just results in a redirect to the default domain catch-all.

Any help on any of these issues would be appreciated.
13 年 前
I just finished doing this.  It seemed that a lot of my problems came from the way the site was moved and what I did in the control panel at the host site.  Sometimes a control panel will change your web.config file.  I also had to set permissions on some folders.  This may seem silly, but are you sure all of the files made it there?  How did you move the site?
13 年 前
I moved the site by copying all the files from the test server, to the production server. Am I sure all the files made? I'm pretty sure. And some parts are functioning.....account creation & viewing the shopping cart.
13 年 前
ok - may seem like another silly question, but are you sure you changed the connectionstring.config file to point to the new database?  My hosting requires a SQL User ID and Password rather than Windows authentication as well.  I did this all by hand and didn't use the wizard, so I'm not sure if the wizard does this.  
I'm kindof a noob here as well.  
Anybody else have any ideas?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.