Import products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi,

I am trying to import about 700 products with images from a mysql database (magento). We would like to switch to nopcommerce if there is a way of transferring the existing records. Some help or ideas would be much appeciated.

regards

mark
14 年 前
You should be able to use the export feature of Magento to get your products out. You can also grab your images from the directory. Then import into SQL Server. I have only imported from another system and not Magento, but I just wrote some scripts that inserted the data into the Nop tables. I then wrote a program that read in the images.

I hope this helps.

Tod
14 年 前
Hi Filjan,

Could you post the code for the program to import the images?

I've managed to import my products (~1000) to the DB via an XL file but I still have to manually add the images which is very time consuming.

Thanks!
14 年 前
this is some sample code, based on a linqtosql implementation i posted a few weeks ago
you have to fill the picturebinary field in a nop_picture table record with a byte array
hope this helps...

link the pictureid to your product record and that's it!

private static byte[] ConvertImageToByteArray(Image imageToConvert, ImageFormat formatOfImage)
        {
            byte[] Ret;
            using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
            {
              imageToConvert.Save(ms, formatOfImage);
              Ret = ms.ToArray();
            }
            return Ret;
        }

private int ImageImport(string url)
        {
            int iret = -1;
            var request = HttpWebRequest.Create(url);
            var response = request.GetResponse();
            using (Stream MyResponseStream = response.GetResponseStream())
            {
                Nop_Picture pict = new Nop_Picture();
                pict.PictureBinary = ConvertImageToByteArray(Image.FromStream(MyResponseStream), ImageFormat.Jpeg);
                pict.Extension = "image/pjpeg";
                pict.IsNew = false;
                NopCommerceContextHelper.GetNopDC().Nop_Pictures.InsertOnSubmit(pict);
                NopCommerceContextHelper.GetNopDC().SubmitChanges();
                iret = pict.PictureID;
            }
            return iret;
        }
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.