suggestions - 1. home page 2. new module

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 年 前
just 2 suggestions:
1. design a product list at home page, replace current welcome message+news.
reason:if i were a customer, i would like to see what this website is selling, so that i will know whether continue shopping or not;

2. if u need more programmer contribute, please design nopCom as a plug-in enabled application. e.g. i have a new module ABC.DLL, i can upload this DLL to my BIN folder then the new module will automatically take effect.

For ur consideration.
15 年 前
Does nopcommerce not currently facilitate your first point?

Admittedly it would be nice if "ShowWelcomeMessage" was a configurable property but it is for news i.e.: "Display.ShowNewsOnMainPage"

You could delete the welcome message from the master page, set the Display.ShowNewsOnMainPage to false and you would just get your category images.

If you want to see individual products (as opposed to categories) on the home the problem is how do you decide what to show?

Do you want to see all products? Do you want to see a random selection of products? Should you pick products from all categories or just specific categories?

A site I really like to reference as a excellant store is http://www.ebuyer.com. I like how they show their categories on their main page but within each category item, they have a featured product and a select list of products in that category.

We could probably "pinch" quite a few good ideas from this site :)
15 年 前
yes you are right.
i'm expecting more ways to display products on home page.
e.g. i want to display total 9 products(3*3), or 16 products(4*4) or 40(4*10)
just an idea, not sure whether nopCom team will going to implement, hehe.

for 2nd suggestion, i think is more important than 1st one because it's relating to re-usability and expandability.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.