NP Capabilities Question,

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hello,
I know very little about programming and have just heard about NP and don't fully understand something about it's capabilites. Assume for my questions that I am limited to using the Admin Panel in it's present state to setup my store, without modifying code.

Pretend I sell bathroom vanity tops:

1) Are there features to incorporate DropDownListBoxes for Length, Width, Bowl Type, Color of vanity top, etc.? Each vanity top obviously has many parameters, it's not like selling a book or DVD where they can just press "Add to Cart" and be done. How many of these specifying controls can I have?

2) Is any sort of intelligent communication possible between those controls?  For example...  If Length < 25" Then 2 of the Bowl Types are greyed out/disabled because they won't fit on a bowl that small... etc.  

3) I understand why NP would work if you had a set price for each product, but with a custom-made product the price is determined AFTER filling out the order form, and BEFORE pressign "Add to Cart".  If each inch of Length cost $10, could the price be calculated at the bottom of the orderform in real time? Example: 25" = $250, If a BowlOptionControl is <> none, then + $89, etc.

These features are easily available with Visual Web Developer, but I don't have the time nor skill to build the database and other great features available in the Admin Panel.  Other Ecommerce packages like Volusion are really sketchy about incorporating features like the ones described above, suprisingly.

Thanks,
Matt
13 年 前
scarian wrote:
Hello,
I know very little about programming and have just heard about NP and don't fully understand something about it's capabilites. Assume for my questions that I am limited to using the Admin Panel in it's present state to setup my store, without modifying code.

Pretend I sell bathroom vanity tops:

1) Are there features to incorporate DropDownListBoxes for Length, Width, Bowl Type, Color of vanity top, etc.? Each vanity top obviously has many parameters, it's not like selling a book or DVD where they can just press "Add to Cart" and be done. How many of these specifying controls can I have?

2) Is any sort of intelligent communication possible between those controls?  For example...  If Length < 25" Then 2 of the Bowl Types are greyed out/disabled because they won't fit on a bowl that small... etc.  

3) I understand why NP would work if you had a set price for each product, but with a custom-made product the price is determined AFTER filling out the order form, and BEFORE pressign "Add to Cart".  If each inch of Length cost $10, could the price be calculated at the bottom of the orderform in real time? Example: 25" = $250, If a BowlOptionControl is <> none, then + $89, etc.

These features are easily available with Visual Web Developer, but I don't have the time nor skill to build the database and other great features available in the Admin Panel.  Other Ecommerce packages like Volusion are really sketchy about incorporating features like the ones described above, suprisingly.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

In short

1) Yes nopCommerce supports this. In nopCommerce, these are called Product Attributes and you can have many product attributes for each product. They can be a simple textbox entry, radio buttons, check boxes or drop down list
2) No, there is no connection between each attribute
3) You can set a price for each attribute value. In your example you would need to set up an attribute option for each size with it's price adjustment.

Yes you can use Visual Web Developer to create themes / modify the UI

HTH
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.