issue: NC doesn't send email as password reminder

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Thanks but I had set that up when I installed nopCommerce.
13 年 前
Ok let me know 3 things:

1) as in your mail setting you have configured yahoo mailbox, can you post the details of your mailbox setting here ?

2) do you have google account ?

3) which version of nopCommerce you are using ?
13 年 前
Sure. I am using NC 1.8 and yes I have Google account.

In setting I have defined a [email protected] which I'm assuming it must send an automated email when a customer is trying to retireve his/her password.

These are the settings:

Email address:          my personal yahoo email
Email display name:  General contact
Host:   smtp.TestStore.com
Port:    25
User:    123
Password:    123
Enable SSL:  none  
Use default credentials:  none

Thanks for your patience.
13 年 前
Host:   smtp.TestStore.com
Port:    25
User:    123
Password:    123

Are you sure these above settings are correct ? from where you got the above values ? from the mailbox you setup with your hosting account/server , am i  correct ?

user: it should be something like [email protected] (if you are using hosting server mailbox)
password: password of yourmailbox

you still sure it is like that ? and all other thins are correct ?

you sure the post is 25 ?

which is your hosting company ?
13 年 前
if still you are not sure about your current mail settings, you can try with your gmail mail setting.

Here i have explained step by step setting up mail settings with gmail credentials:

http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/boards/t/50/how-to-setup-contact-us-form-in-nopcommerce-solved.aspx

Once you are done with configuring your mail settings, test the forgot password, it should work...
13 年 前
Hello again Mike,

Thank you! it is working now.... the problem was with the user field on email setup page. By default shows 123 so I thought I shouldn't touch it.

Thanks indeed for your help.

Regards.
13 年 前
your welcome !!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.