Default payment type for Paypal/Google Checkout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 年 前
Good afternoon,

I have now set up nopCommerce on a web server, and just a query really, why does the store have to be in dollars in order to use the Paypal/Google Chekout facility? I would very much like it to be in pounds seeing as the business is going to be based in the UK. Is there a way to change this so it works with GBP rather than USD?

Many thanks, and congrats on what appears to be everything anyone could ever need in an ecommerce package, ill be sure to donate once we are up and running.

Regards
15 年 前
GBP are not supported now Paypal/Google Checkout. But you can set your primary store currency to US dollars. Then publish British Pound and unpublish US dollars. Primary store currency doesn’t have to be the same as published currencies.

Read this topic for more info - https://www.nopcommerce.com/Documentation/GetReadyForSelling.aspx#Currencies
15 年 前
I can't see that this works very well.

If you set your primary currency to USD whilst setting USD to NOT be published, yes you make it so that your site can display GBP but it still presents a number of problems.

The store owner will need to manage all his product pricing as USD. This means he will need to take into account a conversion rate when pricing his products, or alternatively he could set the exchange rate for USD > GBP to be 1 = 1.

However, this means that when taking the UK payment you will not actually get the price you want because Paypal will then calculate the GBP based on the current exchange rate.

Where is it documented that Paypal do not support GBP?

There is a separate UK site for Paypal so perhaps Nopcommerce only accommodates PayPal US?

I have seen plenty of UK based sites trading in GBP using Paypal that direct to Paypal UK.

Thanks,
Ben
15 年 前
So in order for me to show the price of an article at the correct GBP I would need to set Dollar as the default payment, I would then, in the price box add the price in dollars to what it would equal in pounds?

e.g a poster I want to sell for 2GBP needs to be priced at 2.xx dollars to allow for conversion? Or is there something I'm missing here?

This is my current set up:

15 年 前
Yes I believe that is what you need to do.
For me this isn't a solution so I would rather find out what the reason was for not supporting GBP and create a UK Paypal Payment component if necessary.

Cheers,
Ben
15 年 前
Thanks Ben,

Seems a bit backwards in coming forwards, if you see what I mean.

I actually thought there was something I was missing!

Shall await some form of GBP support breaking the whole thing.

[edit]

Forget all of the above.

I set up my paypal account as found in this post here:
http://forums.nopcommerce.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=127

BUT

Kept my store as GBP.

Went to complete checkout and it worked, I have successfully spent 1GBP in my store.

Many thanks!
15 年 前
My apologies...

1. Paypal Standard supports all currencies.
2. Google checkout supports USD, GBP, SEK, EUR etc
3. Paypal Direct/Express. USD only. IF you need another currencies, then you need modify PaypalHelper.GetPaypalCurrency(Currency currency) method...

public static CurrencyCodeType GetPaypalCurrency(Currency currency)
        {
            //TODO populate this, USD only now
            return CurrencyCodeType.USD;
        }
15 年 前
support | a.m. wrote:
My apologies...

1. Paypal Standard supports all currencies.
2. Google checkout supports USD, GBP, SEK, EUR etc
3. Paypal Direct/Express. USD only. IF you need another currencies, then you need modify PaypalHelper.GetPaypalCurrency(Currency currency) method...

public static CurrencyCodeType GetPaypalCurrency(Currency currency)
        {
            //TODO populate this, USD only now
            return CurrencyCodeType.USD;
        }

Is this the only thing preventing Paypal Direct working for other currencies e.g. GBP?

So could I just change to "CurrencyManager.PrimaryStoreCurrency.CurrencyCode" to get the primary currency code?

Thanks,

Ben
15 年 前
I've just tested this with GBP currency (CurrencyCodeType.GBP). And this works well!

For more info please visit Paypal Payments Pro (UK) forums (http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/board?board.id=prouk)
15 年 前
I adore how this surprises you I actually lol'ed at your reply.

Going to implement this tomorrow night. What are the main differences between the paypal checkout processes anyway?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.