4.20 and Mailchimp

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 年 前
Hi All,

I am upgrading to Nop 4.20 and have found that installing the Mailchimp plugin is crashing the server with the following error message:

An error occurred while starting the application.
.NET Core 4.6.27414.05 X64 v4.0.0.0    |   Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting version 2.2.0-rtm-35687    |    Microsoft Windows 10.0.17134    |   Need help?

I can upload the zip file, and it appears on the list of local plugins, however once I try to install, I get the crash.

Cheers,
Paul
4 年 前
Hi,

In System -> Log there should be a detailed error logged. Please copy and it will be much easier to find the problem.

Regards,
Stoyan
4 年 前
Hi,

There are no logs available, the application just crashes and doesn't write to the log file.

Regs,
Paul
4 年 前
Hi,

Set the "stdoutLogEnabled" parameter inside the web.config file to true and check in the Logs directory there should be new log files.

Regards,
Stoyan
4 年 前
OK, now I get some log files.  The first error I got was the installer trying to create the mailchimp sync log table when it already existed.  This was rectified however I'm still seeing errors as follows:

info: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Database.Command[20101]
      Executed DbCommand (2ms) [Parameters=[@__systemName_0='?' (Size = 400)], CommandType='Text', CommandTimeout='30']
      SELECT TOP(1) [c].[Id], [c].[Active], [c].[AdminComment], [c].[AffiliateId], [c].[BillingAddress_Id], [c].[CannotLoginUntilDateUtc], [c].[CreatedOnUtc], [c].[CustomerGuid], [c].[Deleted], [c].[Email], [c].[EmailToRevalidate], [c].[FailedLoginAttempts], [c].[HasShoppingCartItems], [c].[IsSystemAccount], [c].[IsTaxExempt], [c].[LastActivityDateUtc], [c].[LastIpAddress], [c].[LastLoginDateUtc], [c].[RegisteredInStoreId], [c].[RequireReLogin], [c].[ShippingAddress_Id], [c].[SystemName], [c].[Username], [c].[VendorId]
      FROM [Customer] AS [c]
      WHERE [c].[SystemName] = @__systemName_0
      ORDER BY [c].[Id]
info: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Database.Command[20101]
      Executed DbCommand (0ms) [Parameters=[@__systemName_0='?' (Size = 400)], CommandType='Text', CommandTimeout='30']
      SELECT TOP(1) [c].[Id], [c].[Active], [c].[AdminComment], [c].[AffiliateId], [c].[BillingAddress_Id], [c].[CannotLoginUntilDateUtc], [c].[CreatedOnUtc], [c].[CustomerGuid], [c].[Deleted], [c].[Email], [c].[EmailToRevalidate], [c].[FailedLoginAttempts], [c].[HasShoppingCartItems], [c].[IsSystemAccount], [c].[IsTaxExempt], [c].[LastActivityDateUtc], [c].[LastIpAddress], [c].[LastLoginDateUtc], [c].[RegisteredInStoreId], [c].[RequireReLogin], [c].[ShippingAddress_Id], [c].[SystemName], [c].[Username], [c].[VendorId]
      FROM [Customer] AS [c]
      WHERE [c].[SystemName] = @__systemName_0
      ORDER BY [c].[Id]
Application startup exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHttpContextExtensions.AuthenticateAsync(HttpContext context, String scheme)
   at Nop.Services.Authentication.CookieAuthenticationService.GetAuthenticatedCustomer() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Authentication\CookieAuthenticationService.cs:line 101
   at Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_CurrentCustomer() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:line 210
   at Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_WorkingLanguage() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:line 359
   at Nop.Services.Localization.LocalizationService.GetResource(String resourceKey) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Localization\LocalizationService.cs:line 311
   at Nop.Services.Plugins.PluginService.InstallPlugins() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Plugins\PluginService.cs:line 439
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration, IHostingEnvironment hostingEnvironment) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 97
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHttpContextExtensions.AuthenticateAsync(HttpContext context, String scheme)
   at Nop.Services.Authentication.CookieAuthenticationService.GetAuthenticatedCustomer() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Authentication\CookieAuthenticationService.cs:line 101
   at Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_CurrentCustomer() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:line 210
   at Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_WorkingLanguage() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:line 359
   at Nop.Services.Localization.LocalizationService.GetResource(String resourceKey) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Localization\LocalizationService.cs:line 311
   at Nop.Services.Plugins.PluginService.InstallPlugins() in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Plugins\PluginService.cs:line 439
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration, IHostingEnvironment hostingEnvironment) in C:\andrei\nopcommerce\sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 97
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: D:\Common\Projects\Websites\Urban Personal Training\urban-pt.com.au_4.20
Now listening on: http://127.0.0.1:18261
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://localhost/Admin/Plugin/List  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 155.5134ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://localhost/favicon.ico  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 0.1674ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8
4 年 前
See if this helps

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/70453/plugin-uninstall-then-install-problem-in-nopcommerce-420.aspx

How are you running the site?  In VS?  (release or debug?)  From local Nop.Web.exe?    or hosted?
4 年 前
Hi,
I’m running local and hosted. That link only appears to show how to get the site running again by removing the pending install node but doesn’t actually solve the issue. I still need to install the plugin. Similar happens with other plugins, have been told it is to do with the initial version if 4.20 but I’ve fownloaded the latest available.

Cheers
Paul
4 年 前
i have the same issue. i think the problem is with plugins.json inside App_Data, although the plugin's dll is copied to the bin folder, the plugin name from "PluginNamesToInstall" doesn't move to "InstalledPluginNames" list. if I manually move the plugin name manually to the installed list and recycle the app pool, it will work.
this is just a workaround and it is not possible to do this manually every time so looking for a legit solution to this issue.
have any of you figured out solution to this?
thanks in advance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.