Payment method similar to PayPal invoice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 年 前
In my scenario, a customer comes in and drops off their vehicle for repair. When the repairs are done, I'd like to send them an invoice similar to what PayPal does where they can pay their invoice online with a credit card. Our store is nopCommerce 4.1 and we do have a catalog of parts that we sell. They are listed in the products category. We don't have any products for service in the catalog because each service is different and each price as well. Would want them to be able to process as a guest too.

Asking too much?

I'm capable with Visual Studio 2019, C#, nopCommerce source, SSMS, nuget etc.

Thanks!
4 年 前
There is no default nearby feature for your requirement. But you can easily get that by doing following steps.

1. Create a product. Let the name is "Custom service"
2. Create an attribute. Let the name of the attribute is "Invoice number"
3. Add "Invoice number" attribute to "Custom service" product. Control type will be Textbox and check Is required. Customer will insert their invoice number here.
4. Customize IPriceCalculationService.GetFinalPrice(). Return invoice amount as calculated price.

Check Anonymous checkout allowed in Order settings to allow customer to pay invoice without registration.
4 年 前
Cool. I like that idea. Any others?
4 年 前
Thank you for your input-- it set us to thinking about this. Here is what we decided after you gave us the 'spark'.

Create a product that the customer enters price.
Add an attribute for the invoice number.
Put that in the cart and checkout using the regular checkout as guest.
Since we have the vehicle in our shop, we can check to make sure that the customer has paid the correct amount before releasing the vehicle.

Should work perfectly, thanks for getting us going in the right direction!

--Tom
Site Logix, Inc.
4 年 前
Would some people pay for their repairs when they pick up the vehicle ?

For efficient operations we used a POS option i.e. like Plugin https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/3121/point-of-sale-plugin.aspx

In another system we created a new product Template to define Orders with Deferred Payment option (PM based on Payments.CheckMoneyOrder)

Then link a customised version of /Admin/Order/List to display orders that are still to be paid i.e. Jobs in Progress - with a option fields to enter the amount and Mark as Paid
4 年 前
Yidna wrote:
Would some people pay for their repairs when they pick up the vehicle ?

Yes, but they have another system that handles over the counter transactions.

Thanks for the great ideas!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.