CSS Looks great in Firefox but falls down in IE7 and IE6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi Guys.

I have put together a new template for my site that really gets rid of all the clutter.

Its looks like I want it too in Firefox and IE8 - but when it comes to IE7 and IE6 the footer just falls apart at the bottom of the page.

Is there a CSS guru that can give me a hand / take a look at it for me?

In all honesty I am not bothered about IE6 as its virtually dead now - however - IE7 I would like to fix.

http://www.sikclothing.co.uk/

Any help would be appreciated!
13 年 前
Looks nice in IE8

Found some minor issues. Send me a PM with your emailaddress and I will send you some screenshots.

Set the menu "hidden"as the default. After a refresh the menu is displayed/hidden.
13 年 前
Hi SiK

Nice clean looking site!

There is a know issue with IE6/7 concerning inline lists.

.header-links ul li
{
  list-style: none;
  display:inline-block;
  padding-right: 2px;
  margin:0;
  zoom: 1;
  *display:inline;  
}

Adding the last two properties to the inline list will ensure that the list items line up horizontally in IE6/7

This may also be required for FF   display: -moz-inline-box;

Murray
13 年 前
you can Aiming at the browser's different set up different CSS,
A simple method:

ie6:

* html div{
xxxxxx
}

ie7:

*+html div{
xxxxxxx
}

only ie6 and ie7 Inheritance such CSS;
Other browsers ignore such CSS
13 年 前
browser compatibility is always a pain in web development as the standard is not constant.

You can find a lot of articles in google to help you with it.

My suggestion for you is using the IETESTER, this is a good tool for test WEBSITE behaviour under IE.

Regards.

Larry
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.