Storing downloads out of DB on file system?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi Guys,

First of, just would like to say thank you for providing such an awesome e-commerce solution and have been very impressed with how much you offer.

I know there are posts regarding moving images out of the DB onto the file system, but does anyone have any idea how to do the same thing for storing downloads out of the DB on the file system?

Thank you in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

If not I dont mind implementing this and I could upload what I come up with on here for others to use. But to be honest I am up against it at the mo so dont really have time to do it since suppose to be going live next week!

Cheers.
David.
C# Developer.
13 年 前
David,

It's not possible now. It'll require some coding (the same way it's implemented for pictures)
13 年 前
Hi ya,

Thanks for the reply, any idea where the best place is to start looking and anything else that may help?

Cheers.
David.
13 年 前
Look at the current implementation of picture management: \Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\Picture.cs and \Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\PictureManager.cs files. Modify accordingly \Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\Download.cs and \Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Media\DownloadManager.cs files
13 年 前
Ok thank you.

Are you saying that the images are now stored out of the DB and that code you pointed me towards is currently configured to store them out of the DB?

Was that implemented in the latest version of 1.8?

Cheers.
David.
13 年 前
Yes, please do search. A lot of post are related to this.
13 年 前
You can decide where you want to store pictures (database or file system). StoreInDB property of PictureManager is responsible for this behaviour. You can modify DownloadManager to have a similiar setting and store them out of your database
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.