Topic Pages and Font Awesome icons not saving

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 年 前
I have been able to use font awesome icons on some nC 4.2 pages, but I cannot get them to save in the Topic Pages source code editor. When I paste in a tag like <i class="fas fa-clock"></i> and save it, it disappears.

Does anybody know how to get font awesome tags to work within a user-defined Topic Page?
4 年 前
LesMc wrote:
I have been able to use font awesome icons on some nC 4.2 pages, but I cannot get them to save in the Topic Pages source code editor. When I paste in a tag like <i class="fas fa-clock"></i> and save it, it disappears.

Does anybody know how to get font awesome tags to work within a user-defined Topic Page?

Add below line at Themes\{yourtheme}\Views\Shared\head.cshtml and check out working or not.
if not working than you have to add letest font-awesome.min.css file.
Also check with different icon.

Html.AppendCssFileParts("~/lib/fontAwesome/css/font-awesome.min.css");
4 年 前
Thanks, but please reread my post. I have already done that, and the icons work when placed in an existing "out of the box" page by hand, or with the HtmlPro Content Blocks plugin. But they do not save when entering the syntax into new Topic Pages that I create. Try it yourself and see what happens. When you save the <i> tag code block in the source code view editor, the <i> tag block disappears.
2 年 前
Hi :)

Did you finally get it fixed? Because I've been fighting with it for a few days and there is no way :'(
2 年 前
This is a very annoying problem that I work around by adding a HTML non breaking space &npsp; in between the <i></i> elements like so:

<i class="fas fa-clock">&nbsp;</i>
2 年 前
LesMc wrote:
When I paste in a tag like <i class="fas fa-clock"></i> and save it, it disappears

Whenever we write something in the code editor it simply generates some Html & CSS in the back. So when you write a code on it, it may add some extra codes with it so it doesn't work properly. Like when you write
<i class="fas fa-clock"></i>
it generates something like this
<p>&lt;i <span class="kwrd">class</span>="fas fa-clock"&gt;&lt;/i&gt;</p>
. That's why it doesn't work.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.