A generic error occurred in GDI+

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi,
after installation i get the following error message:

A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:
[quote]An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.[/quote]
Stack Trace:
[quote][ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377518
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:203
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:122
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.dlCategories_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataListItemEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8667478
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.BindData() in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:52
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.HomePageCategories.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\temp\rac\NopCommerce.com\Solution\Web\downloads\nopCommerce_1.11\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Modules\HomePageCategories.ascx.cs:42
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
[/quote]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Can someone help? Thanks
14 年 前
Everething work fine. I must setup folder permissions "images" to write.
I apologize for my bad English.
14 年 前
That's fine. We have seen this issue before - particularly with people hosted on GoDaddy
14 年 前
I'm getting this error too. It works fine on my workstation, but when I post it to the server I get this error.
14 年 前
For what its worth I have seen one shopping cart developer note on their NG that they will not provide support period if the cart is hosted by GoDaddy.

You may do a search in this NG for GoDaddy as it appears some have gotten nopCommerce to run using GoDaddy as a host.

May not be worth your while trying to work around some of the issues using GoDaddy as a host if you value you time.

Just my 2c worth.
14 年 前
So has this been resolved for a GoDaddy site ?
I've read about setting permissions for the folder - but I'm not sure how to do this in GoDaddy?
Any answers/help much appreciated.
Thanks
14 年 前
got it sorted now - working well.
just a general comment on GoDaddy - it's pretty simple to get nopCommerce up and running - I estimate you can get everything done in about an hour.
Hosting plans are good - tools are fantastic and availability/response has not been an issue.
I will put together a document of how/what you need to do to get things running if anyone is interested.
14 年 前
This would be very useful Mickey.

We seem to get many people experiencing set up problems on GoDaddy - of course if they used the search in this forum they may find the answer :p

If would like to email me this document that would be great.

Thanks
Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.