What will the 2.0 DAL look like?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I suppose this question is mainly for Andrei so here it goes.

Andrei, would it be possible to release a very early portion of the data layer for nop 2.0?

Let me elaborate.

The transition from 1.6 to 1.7/1.8 included the addition of Asp.Net 4.0 and EF.  The nop data model introduced the ObjectContext, UnitofWorkScope, the AspNetObjectContextDisposalModule, and some other neat ideas espoused by Jordan Van Gogh.

Version 1.9 just hit the shelves and with it the POCO Entity Generator template (.tt), Inversion of Control, and the Unity Dependency Injection.  

Version 2.0 promises a repository layer and oh yeah, that MVC thing.

From a third party developer standpoint the data, infrastructure, and repository layers (if you will) are everything.  I guess what I am asking is with all the past changes what will 2.0 look like in these areas? Will the Ioc/DI look the same as 1.9?  Will you continue using the .tt templates to auto-generate the objectsets?  You mentioned in an earlier post that you preferred autofac over Unity.  Should we expect another change from Unity to autofac, castle windsor, structuremap, etc?  It starts to become difficult knowing what technology we need to brush up on.

Would it be possible to release the data, infrastructure, and say categories folders from the business logic project so that we could see how you plan on designing those areas.  In fact NopModel.edmx could contain only one table if that makes it easier.  

Because everything starts at the data layer whether it's webforms or MVC, I think the community could get a head start on 2.0 by releasing the DAL (that's the best term I could come up with) as soon as possible.  Thanks for your consideration.

trevor
13 年 前
I agree. We need a sneak peak to the data access sample so we could prepare for 2.0 release.
13 年 前
I'm planning to publish nopCommerce 2.00 roadmap in the near time. It'll contains all the changes that will be introduced in 2.00. The solution will be rewritten from scratch. MVC, better DI/IoC, persistence ignorant entities, pluggable architecture, unit testing and a lot of other enhancements.

DAL. Forget about EDMX file. We'll use code-first approach. Just get the latest source code here
13 年 前
a.m. wrote:
.The solution will be rewritten from scratch. MVC, better DI/IoC, persistence ignorant entities, pluggable architecture, unit testing and a lot of other enhancements.

Sounds like it's going to be the best release ever.

a.m. wrote:
DAL. Forget about EDMX file. We'll use code-first approach.

I guess that means nopCommerce 2.0 release will wait for the EF Code-First final bits :)
13 年 前
Andrei,

I can't thank you enough!  This is exactly what I (and the community, if I may be so bold) was looking for.  I am glad that I asked.

t

p.s. I like the code-first approach as well.  Initially a little more work but at least you know what is in your code and not what was generated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.