Find bugs in nopCommerce 4.30 BETA and earn $10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 年 前
Question: When can we download the next "beta" like Beta 4.30.1 with "some" changes to re-test them?
4 年 前
dootchie wrote:
Question: When can we download the next "beta" like Beta 4.30.1 with "some" changes to re-test them?

Please download the "develop" branch at https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce. It contains all the latest changes
4 年 前
Error: Unable to modify Widget Zones in the Configure - PayPal Smart Payment Buttons.

I removed "header_links_before" option or any other options but the all options are automatically back to the list when I clicked the save button.
4 年 前
koenigs wrote:
Hello guys,

This is the first time ever I'm trying copCommerce so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I get an error when installing nopCommerce.
I specify the MySQL connection string
Server=localhost;Database=nop_commerce;Uid=nop_user;Pwd=nop_password;

But I get the following error
"Setup failed: Fatal error encountered during command execution."
How to get past this issue? The connection string is correct because I can see in MySQL Workbench all the nopCommerce tables are created in the schema...

I was running nopCommerce from Visual Studio but I can see no error message in the console when doing that...

mysql  Ver 8.0.19 for Win64 on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)

Thanks a lot

EDIT: It's not even working with the root user...

OK so I narrowed down the problem but I couldn't find how to fix it.
It seems the WebHelper.RestartAppDomain() method isn't working as expected.

If debugging Nop.Web in console mode it just doesn't work and therefore in the InstallController when redirecting to the homepage, the DataSettingsManager._databaseIsInstalled field is still equal to false so the application just redirects back to the /install page...
The workaround is simply to manually stop and restart the application so DataSettingsManager._databaseIsInstalled gets the correct value true.

If debugging with IIS Express the story is different, the application just completely stops.
Here is what I get in the Debug output in VS

Exception thrown: 'System.Exception' in Nop.Web.Framework.dll
The thread 0x4e10 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime: Information: Application is shutting down...
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.RedirectToRouteResult: Information: Executing RedirectToRouteResult, redirecting to / from route Homepage.
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker: Information: Executed action Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index (Nop.Web) in 51411.4063ms
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware: Information: Executed endpoint 'Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index (Nop.Web)'
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Diagnostics: Information: Request finished in 51495.5081ms 302
The thread 0x7be4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[20428] iisexpress.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

I couldn't find how to properly implement a restart, everywhere the internet says to use IHostApplicationLifetime.StopApplication() but this just does what it says, it stops the application but doesn't restart it...

WebHelper.RestartAppDomain is also referenced in the PluginController and the CommonController so the bug isn't only located in the InstallController

I hope with all this information this will finally be considered as a bug by the NopCommerce team.

Thanks guys for your work!
Sorry I couldn't go further and fix this issue
4 年 前
Everything went smooth until I created a new user and then assign a custom role to the newly created customer account.

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'customerRoleSystemName')

-- Not an issue but maybe a bug.

I went into customer roles and there is a new field called "System Name" that is blank. I don't recall this in 4.2 but definitely is in the new 4.3.
4 年 前
oh2008 wrote:
Unable to modify Widget Zones in the Configure - PayPal Smart Payment Buttons...

Thanks a lot for reporting. We'll fix it soon - https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/4538
4 年 前
ntbuddy wrote:
Everything went smooth until I created a new user and then assign a custom role to the newly created customer account...

Thanks a lot. Already reported and fixed - https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/4502
4 年 前
Had a problem uploading a new widget so Zipped the Ver 4.3 widgets.NivoSlider files, that are known to function and tried uploading to a new instance of nopCommerce 4.3 that had no plugins. This generated an error in Program.cs at line 11, CreateHostBuilder(args).Build().Run();

public static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            CreateHostBuilder(args).Build().Run();
        }

The details are
-    $exception  {"The operation was canceled."}  System.OperationCanceledException
+    CancellationToken  IsCancellationRequested = true  System.Threading.CancellationToken
+    Data  {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}  System.Collections.IDictionary {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
    HResult  -2146233029  int
    HelpLink  null  string
+    InnerException  null  System.Exception
    Message  "The operation was canceled."  string
    Source  "System.Private.CoreLib"  string
    StackTrace  "   at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()\r\n   at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowIfCancellationRequested()\r\n   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.<StopAsync>d__10.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()\r\n   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.<WaitForShutdownAsync>d__5.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()\r\n   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.<RunAsync>d__4.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.<RunAsync>d__4.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()\r\n   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.Run(IHost host)\r\n   at Nop.Web.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\\Users\\User\\source\\repos\\nop4.30B2\\nopCommerce-develop\\nopCommerce-develop\\src\\Presentation\\Nop.Web\\Program.cs:line 11"  string
+    TargetSite  {Void ThrowOperationCanceledException()}  System.Reflection.MethodBase {System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo}
+    Static members    
+    Non-Public members
4 年 前
koenigs wrote:

If debugging with IIS Express the story is different, the application just completely stops.
Here is what I get in the Debug output in VS

Exception thrown: 'System.Exception' in Nop.Web.Framework.dll
The thread 0x4e10 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime: Information: Application is shutting down...
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.RedirectToRouteResult: Information: Executing RedirectToRouteResult, redirecting to / from route Homepage.
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker: Information: Executed action Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index (Nop.Web) in 51411.4063ms
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware: Information: Executed endpoint 'Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index (Nop.Web)'
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Diagnostics: Information: Request finished in 51495.5081ms 302
The thread 0x7be4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[20428] iisexpress.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

I couldn't find how to properly implement a restart, everywhere the internet says to use IHostApplicationLifetime.StopApplication() but this just does what it says, it stops the application but doesn't restart it...

WebHelper.RestartAppDomain is also referenced in the PluginController and the CommonController so the bug isn't only located in the InstallController

I hope with all this information this will finally be considered as a bug by the NopCommerce team.

Thanks guys for your work!
Sorry I couldn't go further and fix this issue

it is same as new download 4.3 development branch, with VS2019 IIS express, whole information check here.
it throws error in \src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs after the code:

//restart application
                webHelper.RestartAppDomain();
                //Redirect to home page
                return RedirectToRoute("Homepage");

it seems RestartAppDomain() not successfully.
4.2 under linux fresh install will face same problem, but after  a while visit store seems ok.
4 年 前
Congratulations nop team.
i have a question,  does the vendors  has  their own theme to choice , that  they  can custom for themselves  ?   if not,how can i do for this function,to make the vendor  page  more ways to display?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.