Featured products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi

I guess this is a bug not sure, when you have featured products showing on the home page, and if one of the featured product had end date and it had passed the enddate, the product image would still showup though it doesnt let you click on it..

Thanks
Kakoli
13 年 前
Hiya no it's not a bug - the date is for the variants and actual availability of product. So after end date can't add to cart.
But you may still want to display info about a product otherwise. Or feature on the home page.
Need to turn it off ? -> deselect the published flag on the product itself.
A
13 年 前
Thanks for your reply,
Since featured product doesnt show price and other details on the home page, it doesnt make snese to show them there once ended, and the most annoying to the customer is that he would try clicking on it and it would take him no where and he might think something is wrong with the page.. So i would suggest after the end date it should go off, or when clicked give a msg like "oops! the product is no longer avilable to be sold online", and should suggest alternative products. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Kakoli
13 年 前
Hiya - yes you would need to change the code for that.

Some people use this feature for information about the product generally - regardless of if it's on sale.
Plus I think if it sells out it will switch off ?

If you are manualy featuring products on home then why not un-feature it and un-publish wat the same time when your finished ? I mean how many products you want to feature at any one time ?

A
13 年 前
Yes manully i can swtich off after end date, I have 3 products on the home page, and lets say the second one ended, though it disappers from product details page and category listing, it still shows up on the home page under featured product.. when clicked it goes no were.

It would be helpful if you can guide me how to and which code to change to show customomised msg if the product is ended, thanks for all the help, really appricate.
13 年 前
Yes as I said - some people use this feature

But to change there are a couple of things - Layouts and info shown on a page can be changed using the templates shown in admin. http://website.com/administration/templateshome.aspx

Best way is to let the program guide you
Look at the page you want to change
Look at the code behind and how it works
Look at similar pages with featues you need - see how they work
If required copy and paste code from other pages (and code behind) into the page you want to change (and add in code behind)
Debug and Test

That's how I'd do it
A
13 年 前
Thanks Mate!

Will try and let you know.. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.