Can't Configure Email Account

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
Whenever I try to configure my email account and try to send a test email it doesn't work. giving me the following error "Failure sending mail"
I have tested my configuration on Outlook and Gmail and I was able to receive and send emails.

My Configuration(Same as the once used in Outlook and Gmail) :
Email address: MyEmail@MyDomain
Host : MyDomain
Port : 465
User : MyEmail@MyDomain
Password : MyPassword
SSL : Activated (Tried once while it was disabled, but got the same error)
Use default credentials : Tried it both disabled and enabled, got the same error.
3 年 前
Your Host of just MyDomain does not look correct.  Typically it would be
MAIL.MyDomain.com
or
SMTP.MyDomain.com
3 年 前
I tried making it smtp.MyDomain, mail.MyDomain, and webmail.MyDomain. still getting the same error.

There's something else I don't know if it's relevant or not, when I made it smtp.MyDomain the error got loaded faster than the other times.
3 年 前
Is your mail server within the same 'network' as your web server?  If so, then you won't need SSL.  Try port 25 (no SSL, no 'Use default credentials').   You may need to speak to your host support to see if they can troubleshoot it.
3 年 前
New York wrote:
Is your mail server within the same 'network' as your web server?  If so, then you won't need SSL.  Try port 25 (no SSL, no 'Use default credentials').   You may need to speak to your host support to see if they can troubleshoot it.

Thank You, it worked after I disabled the SSL and changed the port to 25.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.