How to apply changes in nopCommerce while running on server?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hello,

I'm having different issues everytime I want to update nopcommerce on a server. Can a developer tell me what steps I should follow if I need to update code or resources on server?

Do I need to rebuild the whole project on server or ... ?
Is there any detailed instruction?

Thanks!
13 年 前
Hiya depends on what you changed, do you have the source version ? After I change anything I just publish to a local directory then zip it up and copy to webserver as is. Nothing else to do except change the ConnectionStrings.
If you use FTP it works but I have seen a few posts where something happens and one of the files many not get updated
So really just need to check that what ever gets changed gets uploaded properly.
A
13 年 前
Thanks for reply. OK help me to understand, currently I have under NopCommerceStore directory. Now, are you saying we don't need everything single thing under that directory?!
13 年 前
Yes the NopCommerceStore directory (i.e. everything in that directory) is all that is needed online.
A
13 年 前
Right. that is what I have done but when I modify it on my local, what are the step in order to update it on server?
13 年 前
Whatever files you change under the nopcommercestore folder need to be copied up to the equivalent folder on the server. If you do a build, do it with the build set to "release". Under the bin folder you will see the files that changed. Copy the .dll file to the server under the bin folder. You do not copy the .pdb files up as these are Program Debugging files that contain debugging and state info. If you have those on the server you can remove them. The obj folder does not need to be on the server either.

Also in your web.config change the following on the server:
<compilation debug="true" defaultLanguage="c#" targetFramework="4.0">
to
<compilation debug="false" defaultLanguage="c#" targetFramework="4.0">
13 年 前
Thanks for sharing it. Currently when I rebuild or build nopCommerce I see it set to Debug(Active) ... I was thinking that should be set to  Release but was NOT sure till you said so.

I'm assuming changing it to Release makes the size of files smaller and affect the speed. Am I right?

Also, what is the advantage of making that change in web.config? it sounds right but I just need to know the reason behind it.

Thanks again!
13 年 前
rsavra wrote:
Thanks for sharing it. Currently when I rebuild or build nopCommerce I see it set to Debug(Active) ... I was thinking that should be set to  Release but was NOT sure till you said so.
I'm assuming changing it to Release makes the size of files smaller and affect the speed. Am I right?
Also, what is the advantage of making that change in web.config? it sounds right but I just need to know the reason behind it.
Thanks again!

Even if you do a "Release" build through configuration manager in the Visual Studio environment and put your app into production optimized for that environment, if for any reason your app changes in production, for example you make a minor code change or whatever, this will trigger a dynamic compile and that compile will use your web config setting so if you leave debug="true" then you will get a debug build.

Scott Guthrie can explain it much better than i can.

And another excellent related article.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.