nopCommerce in VB (Visual Basic tip)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
There is no such thing as nopCommerce for VB. But if you're - like me - a VB who realized that nopCommerce is a great e-commerce solution, I like to share a tip.

Whenever you encounter something in nopCommerce code, that your VB-brain don’t really get, just go to the developerFusion website, and get the C# code translated to VB! After you have finished your alterations, you can let developerFusion translate it back in a snap and compile. It usually works without errors at all!

Link to the site:

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

This helped me out many times, and I am grateful to this fantastic free online service that developerFusion offer.

(This has been mentioned in the forum earlier, but is hard to find for new fans)
13 年 前
You should just really learn C#.
I started on VB (VB6, VB.NET) and loved it. I hated learning C# every step of the way.
They are basically the same : it's just annoying syntax you have to get used too.
But now it's no big deal. I got used to it.

Most everything (code, online samples, etc.) uses C#, . . and C# dominates help wanted ads.
12 年 前
Ha, no reason to learn C#.  Just because there are more tutorials and code examples in C# doesn't mean that C# is any better than VB.Net.  They both can do the same thing and both have dedicated teams at Microsoft that work on future versions.  

I know how to code in both and very much prefer the verbosity of VB as opposed to the C# (which seems like declaration types are reversed).  Aside from the very annoying fact that intellisense doesn't always fix C# case mismatches, all of the stupid curly braces and semi-colons which aren't needed in VB.Net, they are pretty much the same.  

C# has really caught up with VB.Net in capabilities in later releases (i.e.- optional parameters, with/end with, etc.).  Since I'm the Sr. Software Engineer at my company, I made all of the Jr. developers learn VB and stop doing any further development in C#.  I wasn't trying to be mean, just trying to make them well rounded.  After all, about half of the .Net jobs are still VB... so if they decide to move on later, they'll have a leg up.  

Anyhow, it's too bad that nop isn't done in VB.Net, but it is what it is.  If you can read/write javascript and are decent VB.Net developer, C# is not really a huge deal.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.