SSL Set-up

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
I have question regarding SSL

I bought an SSL certificate, and gave the Certificate file to the hosting company (Arvixe), thay installed it for my domain.

Now

A) I will change the web.config for SSL = tue

But, i have a question regarding "Private Key"..

What is a Private Key and who will provide me that
Do I need to set that up any where in NopCommerce?

Sorry, if these are stupid questions, but doing this for the first time.
13 年 前
Don't know anything about it myself. Nothing in the manual about a private key of SSL ?
More SSL stuff at https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8308/ssl-issue.aspx
Search google SSL Private Key here is something about ?
http://mirror.proserve.nl/plesk/HSPcomplete/3.3/doc/HSPC_PG.1/managing_the_ssl_private_key.htm
A
13 年 前
Thanks!!!

I also read throught.

My site is working fine with the SSL installation. Minor issue with Default.aspx but resolved it.

I just want to be sure, I am not missing anything with the Private Key. there's one option in Admin/Security to specify Private Key, not sure if that need to be populated.

Little confused with this....
13 年 前
sanjuk72 wrote:
Thanks!!!

I also read throught.

My site is working fine with the SSL installation. Minor issue with Default.aspx but resolved it.

I just want to be sure, I am not missing anything with the Private Key. there's one option in Admin/Security to specify Private Key, not sure if that need to be populated.

Little confused with this....

Hi,

The admin section private key that you're talking about which is in admin section > Configuration > Global Settings > security tab: The encryption private key is used for storing sensitive data in your database. It's recommended to change the key when a site is live.

The private key that you get for installing SSL is the CSR code / CA code (in other words private key):

The SSL private key is used to decrypt the data passed over the SSL connection. If you have jgenerated the SSL secure key, please make a backup copy and store it in a safe place. Make sure that nobody can access it - having your private key allows to impersonate you easily.

Hope it helps...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.