Idiots guide ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Hi all i have been using a php cart for some time, so asp is really new to me, is there an idiots guide to install nopcommerce using sql server express 2005?

Thanks
14 年 前
Hi,

Check this screencast out:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Screencasts/Installation.aspx

it should help.

mike..
14 年 前
Hi yes i checked that screencast but i see hes using a control panel to create the database, my problem is i can get to step 2 when installing, but when it asks to make a database i dont have permission to do so :(
14 年 前
Can't remember if I mentioned it during the screencast but it is quite common in hosted environments for you not to execute CREATE DATABASE scripts on SQL Server - this is normally why some kind of control panel is provided to create the database.

If you do not have any control panel software available then do you have access to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio? If so you can connect to your SQL Server (your host will provide details on how to do this) and create a database using the management tools - however, you will need the necessary permissions to do this.

If you still have problems I suggest speaking to your hosting company to find out how you can create the database. You can then use the "use an existing database" option within the nopCommerce installation wizard.

Hope this helps,

Ben
14 年 前
Thanks Ben thats good advice, as i said i have never worked with asp i have allways used php, so setting up the db is very different to how i know
13 年 前
YOu can either configure sql server for nopCommerce or can create databse before installation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.