Hosting options

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi,

This is my first nopCommerce, hosted .NET project. I spoke with my web host about hosting a Windows Server with my nopCommerce program on it. He asked me if I wanted to go for colo or vps, each with its own upsides and downsides. Also, for a quote on vps, he asked how much memory would I need.

So my questions are these:
1. VPS or COLO?
2. How much memory will I need to host Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and MSSQL 2008 (Express?)
3. Is there a hosting option that you use that you recommend? How much does that run you, if I may ask?
13 年 前
devora wrote:
Hi,
3. Is there a hosting option that you use that you recommend? How much does that run you, if I may ask?

In this forum I have red very good comments of Arvixe. Check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/recommendedhosting.aspx
13 年 前
I recommend Arivxe shared (not vps). It's enough for starting. I am very pleased with what they give.
13 年 前
For bullet #2 I would recommend 1.5 Gb as a absolute minimum if you have SQL server on the same machine, we started with 1Gb but I think between 650-800 Mb was used before we even let customers in to the shop.

This is on a VPS.
13 年 前
awesome! thank you for your responses! :D
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.