Test Emails not sending IONOS Hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
HI,

I am running my NopCommerce site on IONOS Hosting and I am using an IONOS e-mail.

So essentially the test e-mail functionality doesn't work I am currently getting this error: The SMTP server does not support authentication.

I know the details I am inputting are correct as they work from my localhost site. The only difference between my localhost and the hosted site, is the hosted site uses their proxy for external connections: http://winproxy.server.lan

I have contacted support and so far all I've had back is to make sure my password is correct, has anyone else experienced a similar or the same issue?

Any help is appreciated thank you
3 年 前
What settings are you using for Port, SSL, etc.?  Have you tried others?   If their mail server is within their infrastructure, then you probably don't need 'secure'.  Try Port 25 without SSL.
3 年 前
New York wrote:
What settings are you using for Port, SSL, etc.?  Have you tried others?   If their mail server is within their infrastructure, then you probably don't need 'secure'.  Try Port 25 without SSL.

I've tried them all 25, 465, 587 with and without SSL, would refreshing the the only thing I haven't tried is 'Clear Cache' between changing settings do you think this would make a difference?
3 年 前
New York wrote:

I just tried all the ports with and without SSL, and clearing cache. Still the same results the erros I get are:
An error occurred while attempting to establish an SSL or TLS connection. This usually means that the SSL certificate presented by the server is not trusted by the system for one or more of the following reasons: 1. The server is using a self-signed certificate which cannot be verified. 2. The local system is missing a Root or Intermediate certificate needed to verify the server's certificate. 3. A Certificate Authority CRL server for one or more of the certificates in the chain is temporarily unavailable. 4. The certificate presented by the server is expired or invalid. Another possibility is that you are trying to connect to a port which does not support SSL/TLS. It is also possible that the set of SSL/TLS protocols supported by the client and server do not match. See https://github.com/jstedfast/MailKit/blob/master/FAQ.md#SslHandshakeException for possible solutions.

and if I untick SSL I get:
The SMTP server does not support authentication.

I'm lost at what more I can try espically when I know the code works on my localhost
3 年 前
I am in the same position with the email. I have tried all the different ports, with & without SSL and with with & without default credentials and I am getting the same issue. I will post any information I have if I can get it working.

Andrew
3 年 前
Thanks its good to know theres 2 of us working on it likewise if I find a solution I will update you, I'm going to phone support to see if I can get access for remote debugging that might shine some light on what the issue is
3 年 前
I am with a different VPS provider and email provider.
3 年 前
Even so I'm sure the issue will be similar
3 年 前
What error message do you get using Port 25 with neither 'Use SSL' or 'Use default credentials'?
Try it with both of these Hosts:
smtp.yourdomain.com
mail.yourdomain.com
3 年 前
I have tried all the ones that my host provided.

mail.******.com with Port 25, 465, 587

I have tried each port with SSL checked and then Unchecked
I have also tried each port & SSL combination with Use Default Credentials selected and unselected.

Funny thing is that I wrote a simple .net desktop app and used the same credientials that I use in Nopcommerce and the mail gets sent to my mailbox.

Imports System.Net.Mail
Public Class Form1
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Try
            Dim Smtp_Server As New SmtpClient
            Dim e_mail As New MailMessage()
            Smtp_Server.UseDefaultCredentials = False
            Smtp_Server.Credentials = New Net.NetworkCredential("sales@*****.com", "***********")
            Smtp_Server.Port = 587
            Smtp_Server.EnableSsl = True
            Smtp_Server.Host = "mail.******.com"

e_mail = New MailMessage()
            e_mail.From = New MailAddress(TextBox1.Text)
            e_mail.To.Add(TextBox2.Text)
            e_mail.Subject = "Email Send Test"
            e_mail.IsBodyHtml = False
            e_mail.Body = TextBox3.Text
            Smtp_Server.Send(e_mail)
            MsgBox("Mail Sent")
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.ToString)
        End Try
    End Sub
End Class
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.