Checkout Last name requirement

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
Im using one page Checkout plugins .

My requirement was to simplify the checkout page by removing the last name labels and fields and it works perfectly however whenever a customer want to check out it keeps telling me that last name is required . where in the code I can skip the last name validation when submitting an order

can somebody help me please I'm using Nop 4.3
3 年 前
In Customer Settings (Advanced mode), you can try adjusting the '.. name' required setting (unselect).  Although if you are using a 3rd party one-page-checkout, you may need to contact them to see how to do it.
3 年 前
Like NY stated you can set these in the customer config. But it is unlikely that credit cards are going to process correctly without a last name.  If I remember correctly in the checkout process the firstname and lastname fields are concatenated to a fullname value for the credit card holders billing name for processing. I would hope that visa or any of the other card processors would not just accept hey my Name is John or whomever and process a card. Cardholders Full Name, Card Number, Expiration Date, CCV are typically required.
3 年 前
New York wrote:
In Customer Settings (Advanced mode), you can try adjusting the '.. name' required setting (unselect).  Although if you are using a 3rd party one-page-checkout, you may need to contact them to see how to do it.

I did all these earlier without any changes still last name is required
3 年 前
glhays wrote:
Like NY stated you can set these in the customer config. But it is unlikely that credit cards are going to process correctly without a last name.  If I remember correctly in the checkout process the firstname and lastname fields are concatenated to a fullname value for the credit card holders billing name for processing. I would hope that visa or any of the other card processors would not just accept hey my Name is John or whomever and process a card. Cardholders Full Name, Card Number, Expiration Date, CCV are typically required.

I understand. But generally credit card will ask “ name on the card “ or “ as appears in the card “

I should be able to bypass the last name check . But I don’t know where this logic reside in code
3 年 前
Hi there,

You need to customize for this requirement.
On the AddressValidator you need to remove LastName requirement rule.
Also you need that customer didn't enter the last name then remove from _CreateOrUpdateAddress.cshtml page of your theme or default view of nopCommerce.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.