Non-store application

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 年 前
Hello,

Please point me in the right direction regarding respecing nopCommerce platform for an application which doesn't involve online retail. I'm looking to build a portfolio gallery type site where artists (i.e. "vendors") would be able to build an audience of fans (i.e. "shoppers"), with some kind of private messaging and favorite/follower mechanics.

I have tested nopCommerce 4.4 and feel like the platform already has many features required for my application (search, account management, ajax filtering, product description and images, etc.) and just would need to be stripped of some online store elements as well as require some new additions.

Am I on the right track with trying to adapt nopCommerce for something other than its primary intended purpose? Are there "kits" or "themes" available which fundamentally change the behavior of the platform? What should be my next steps if I consider to use nopCommerce for this type of project?

Thanks a lot!
2 年 前
Hi,

Yes, of course you can utilize nopCommerce for this kind of application. We have used nopCommerce for many projects which are not a primary serving just as online store but serving as catalog, micro stores, booking engine, listing, etc. sometimes just offering something which is completely irrelevant to store application for which nopCommerce is built.

You need to see what features you would like to use for now or in future and plan out accordingly. There are many things which you can disable from admin side settings too. Disable the things you don't want to use. Moreover, for rest of the things which is not there in nop, plan out a plugin that extend those features you need additionally. And my recommendation is to stick to use nopCommerce as much as possible without relying on too many plugins because many plugins don't come with source code access and thus will limit your ability if you need to customize those features.

You can also get in touch with full service nopCommerce agency like us if you would like to make it easy, quick and cost-effective for your business.  

Best Regards,
Krunal
Team nopAccelerate
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.