Upgrade to 4.50.4 or wait for 4.60?

1 年 前
Hi all

We have 4.50.3 running. Noticed that on October 19, a minor release 4.50.4 has been released.

Release notes for this minor version doesn’t seems too big of a benefit for us to upgrade (for the effort that we need to put to upgrade)

The question is when we upgrade to 4.60, do we need to first upgrade to 4.50.4 and then again to 4.60.
1 年 前
ornopcom wrote:
The question is when we upgrade to 4.60, do we need to first upgrade to 4.50.4 and then again to 4.60.

It's possible to upgrade to 4.60 without an intermediate upgrade to 4.50.4
1 年 前
Thank you for clarifying Andrei.
8 个月 前
What is the meaning of this line?
Upload the new site files (get the latest version here).

I mean where to upload the new file the documentation is not clear.
please help.
8 个月 前
Create a new directory on the server and upload all files from the no-source version
Or if using source code - Publish to a local directory and copy all the files from the local directory to the server directory
8 个月 前
Thanks for your help.
I didn't understand  do I need to download the latest version of Nopcommerce and then  manually upgrade the source code from 4.30 to 4.60.

or can you please elaborate upgradation for source code  process in steps.

Thanks in advance.
8 个月 前
lebjit wrote:
download the latest version of nopCommerce and then  manually upgrade the source code from 4.30 to 4.60.

What upgrade are you referring to - do you mean the database or does your v4.3 code have some customisations ?
If the later then you will need to manually add the customisations to v4.6

Normally for any new installation I copy in the files and setup the requirements as per the install instructions for permissions, etc
Then run the install and create a test v4.6 database to check everything is working

After you have checked the system works as expected
Then you can change the database connection string to point to a copy of the v4.3 database
The system will then automatically update the database to v4.6
8 个月 前
Yidna wrote:
download the latest version of nopCommerce and then  manually upgrade the source code from 4.30 to 4.60.
What upgrade are you referring to - do you mean the database or does your v4.3 code have some customisations ?
If the later then you will need to manually add the customisations to v4.6

Normally for any new installation I copy in the files and setup the requirements as per the install instructions for permissions, etc
Then run the install and create a test v4.6 database to check everything is working

After you have checked the system works as expected
Then you can change the database connection string to point to a copy of the v4.3 database
The system will then automatically update the database to v4.6

Thank you for you help, It worked.