FTP to hosting site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 年 前
Hi, I have been developing my site locally and now want to upload the locally developed site to my hosting site. I have FTP'd all the directories and files I see locally so they are now in the directory 'wwwroot' of my website on my host.
I need advice on how to move / create the sql database for the site. How do I copy the database i have created locally when i first cdownloaded and created nopcommerce on my local machine to my hosting site?

Thanks
John
13 年 前
If you are using visual studio,

using server explorer or database explorer view your database. Then right click on the database and select publish to provider. Follow the onscreen instruction to generate the sql file.

Once the sql file is created using sql management studio connect to your remote database in the hosting server. Now run the generate the sql file.

Now the database in the hosting space will be populated with the site data.

Make sure you change the connection string in the connection.config to the hosting server database.

Hope this helps to somepoint.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.