Gmail SMTP is not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 年 前
Hi all,

I've been spending the whole day to configure Email accounts today.
From watching youtube to googling and reading through this forum, I still haven't solved my issue.

So basically, gmail SMTP wasn't working. Most of the articles are pretty old, but I found some recent ones:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/94440/gmail-no-longer-compatible-with-nopcommerce#:~:text=I%20believe%20since%20May%202022,the%20gmail%20username%20and%20password.&text=If%20you%20don't%20see,16%20digit%20password%20for%20App.

I set up 2nd verification and created an app password. This is my configuration on the page.

Email address: [email protected]
Email display name: YourStore
Host: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
User: [email protected]
Password: Password from gmail or app passwords
SSL: either check or uncheck with different port
Use default credentials: tried both

Send email to: [email protected]

I tried the GMass SMTP test tool, and the test email was sent successfully.

However, I got this error from the NomCommerce test page:
534: 5.7.9 Application-specific password required

I found something new a few hours ago saying that 2nd verification needs to be disabled until it app passwords pass, so I disabled it and tried again.

535: 5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted.

This is what I finally got. I'm really frustrated now.
I will appreciate it if someone helps me with this.

Thanks in advance,
1 年 前
I have same issue, i see how frustrating it might be to configure this.

With 2 factor authentication enabled and app password, it should work fine. I suggest you to try it again. Some times toggling this settings may have an impact and it just start working. All the best.

Best Regards
1 年 前
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
I have same issue, i see how frustrating it might be to configure this.

With 2 factor authentication enabled and app password, it should work fine. I suggest you to try it again. Some times toggling this settings may have an impact and it just start working. All the best.

Best Regards

I tried two more days with the same configuration and still got the error message as above.
Can I ask you a quick question? I'm doing this from my local iis.
I haven't host the server yet. I download nopcommerce source code and installed it via visual studio. Is this causes the issue?
1 年 前
Hi Erick,

I don't think its the issue. It should work from your locally hosted app too. Did you tried using the same app password using email client? Also make sure you're not behind a firewall blocking it!

Best Regards
1 年 前
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
Hi Erick,

I don't think its the issue. It should work from your locally hosted app too. Did you tried using the same app password using email client? Also make sure you're not behind a firewall blocking it!

Best Regards

Yes, I used the app password generated from gmail address. I key in the gmail address in Email address and User section.
1 年 前
Hi,

By email client, i mean trying with thunderbird or outlook email application just to make sure there is no connection glitch and rule out network related issue!

Thanks
1 年 前
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
Hi,

By email client, i mean trying with thunderbird or outlook email application just to make sure there is no connection glitch and rule out network related issue!

Thanks

Oh I see. I just download thunderbird and try. I used the email account and the normal password. The app password didn't work. With normal password, I can connect. I still don't know the concept of app password orz.
FYI, it's not firewall issue. I turned it off and tried.

Is there any other ways to troubleshoot my issue?
1 年 前
There must be some setting in that case! Just verify everything and try! It should work. All the best.
1 年 前
Erick wrote:
...The app password didn't work. ...

You need the app password to have it work in nopCommerce.
Try again - Go to the App Passwords section of your Google account, drop down the menu, and select Mail and Generate.
11 个月 前
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
There must be some setting in that case! Just verify everything and try! It should work. All the best.

Thanks for your help. I think there is something wrong my gmail configuration or new set up methods came out. I tried 4 days in a row and couldn't find any other issue.

Fortunately, hotmail just worked straight away. I think I'd better to use hotmail.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.