Permanent Redirect urls - configuration

10 个月 前
Hi

We have a webshop with a lot of messed up product urls with almost the same name, except for a "-2" or "-3" in the end.
I have deleted those that were duplicates, but would now like the old urls to permanent redirect (301) to the main url of the product. Right now they end up in a (404) Page not found, and that is not good google-wise or customer-wise.

How can i overwrite the RouteProvider to make it possible to configure where certain urls redirect to. Or is there another way of solving this?

I am using version 4.50.

Best regards,
Axel
10 个月 前
If you hadn't deleted UrlRecord entries, but marked them as inactive (IsActive = false), RouteTransformer would have done the trick. See this code for details.
10 个月 前
Ahhh great, but how do normal operators  avoid deleting the slug, when they delete a product?
10 个月 前
RomanovM wrote:
If you hadn't deleted UrlRecord entries, but marked them as inactive (IsActive = false), RouteTransformer would have done the trick. See this code for details.

I have an additional question:
Should this also work for Category?
10 个月 前
Actually, the slugs are not deleted when an object (product, category, etc) is deleted. They can be deleted on the Admin → System → Search engine friendly page names page.

AxelAndersen wrote:

Should this also work for Category?

Yep, this works the same for all ISlugSupported entities.
10 个月 前
Thanks, its working like a charm,.. once i figured out how it worked :-)