Adding an add-on product to a product with Attribute Combinations

2 个月 前
Im looking to add on a cover for mattresses as a drop down option.

Currently I have it set up so that the foam type and thickness wanted are an attribute combination (ie Luxury foam at 10" thickness cost $40 dollars)

I want to add an additional drop down that adds a cover options at a fixed cost regardless of the attribute selected (ie : Blue Cover will always be a $30)

Is there a way to do this without going through thousands of possible attribute combinations for each cover option?
2 个月 前
Would you please better describe the issue you are having?   Is it related to generating combinations?   (There is a button for "Generate several combinations" rather than "all possible")
2 个月 前
Sure,

So right now i have a product built out with that uses attribute combinations for different thickness and foam used that uses price overrides for the pricing. (Ie: Foam Type: Luxury Firm Foam, Thickness: 1" for a override price of $40 )
There are 4 different types of foams and 6 different thicknesses.

I want to add on a third drop down menu  that lets you select a cover for the product.
There are a lot of color options for the cover. Adding the cover will always cost $50 regardless of size or thickness.

The problem i am having is that when i select the cover option, it defaults back to the original price rather than override price with the selected attributes (ie: I select Luxury Firm Foam with a 3" thickness the cost is $122. If i select the blue cover at +$50. It corrects the price to $65 total because the products base price is $15.

Is there a way for me to add the cover option without making an override price for each possible combination of foam type, thickness, and cover option?
2 个月 前
Hi,
Did you add cover options as an attribute? Or how did you add it?
2 个月 前
Yah i added it as an attribute but the price adjustment takes into account the default price and not the override price of the attribute combinations of the other two selected. I'm hoping there is a way for the system to put preference to " if this combination is selected then use this price" before adding in the price of the cover
2 个月 前
First, note that when you use an attribute combination with "Overridden price" that it will, as per the documentation, override the full price of the product (and not be additive to the base price):
Overridden price if the price for products with certain attributes is different from the regular product price. 

I.e., It does not act like a "Price adjustment", but rather as an override of product price.

That said, I do think what you describe is a bug, because I'd think some "independent" (not part of a combination) attribute  with a Price Adjustment should not disregard the attribute combination's Overridden Price.
(If it was a design decision, then I agree with you that there should be a setting to override it.)
2 个月 前
The reason its not using the combination override price is because its using all three attributes (thickness, foam type, and a cover option). The system doesn't have an override price when all three are used. It only has one for when foam type and thickness are combined by themselves.

2 个月 前
But i would agree that its dumb  if thats how the system works
2 个月 前
Thinking aloud on this, I think their design concern was that it would be a problem having more than one 'set' of attribute combinations having price "Overridden price" which overrides the full price of the product.  I.e., which set would drive the overridden price?.   I'd think that they could check for that and not allow it.

In any case, if you think this is a good feature to have, it may be best to create an issue in GitHub.  Although, don't expect them to fix it in your version of nopCommerce ;)  

Thus, for now, a workaround is needed - e.g. one of
-  "thousands of possible attribute combinations"
- the separate type and thickness have "price adjustment" and not use combinations/price-override
- combine type and thickness into a single attribute having price adjustment