ActiveChat 1.30 - Live chat plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
OK, so I took the time and published the code tonight.  Anyone that wants access to the repository, request it through CodePlex and let's see if we can get this thing rolling again.
https://nopactivechat.codeplex.com/
9 years ago
Any news? I really want it to work for my store version 3.4
9 years ago
u can use AllInOne plug in to add any chat u wish
http://www.hezyziv.com/all-in-one-340-database-version
9 years ago
[quote=hezyz]u can use AllInOne plug in to add any chat u wish
http://www.hezyziv.com/all-in-one-340-database-version
Can you please explain me how to make a chat?
I want it to appear all the time on the left corner and when you click on it it opens the chat with me
Also can it be customize such as text/logo?
9 years ago
u need to create an account in one of the Chat services
like  Olark, Zopim or any other
Google chat for websites  

the chat service will give u a javascript code usually placed just before the end html body tag

download the AllInOne plugin
past the javascript code u got from your chat account
select "body_end_html_tag_before" as your widget zone

click save

all other settings as position, logo and text u need to set at your chat service account
9 years ago
The great thing about Active Chat is you don't have to create an account, the data is all stored on your store site and you own it.  There are no licenses to deal with and no question about who owns the data.  

I have published it to Open Source, but I don't have time to work on it.  I'm really hoping that someone can pick it up and make it work.  I don't think it will take very long to figure it out for someone that knows what they are doing.
9 years ago
jestes wrote:
The great thing about Active Chat is you don't have to create an account, the data is all stored on your store site and you own it.  There are no licenses to deal with and no question about who owns the data.  

I have published it to Open Source, but I don't have time to work on it.  I'm really hoping that someone can pick it up and make it work.  I don't think it will take very long to figure it out for someone that knows what they are doing.

yeah it's great... hopefully someone will make it work soon :(
8 years ago
Hi All,

I have compiled and installed an Active chat for 3.60, before I install Active Chat for 3.40
In the two versions happens the same:
The Client chat opens but when I click on start chat button nothing happens.
If I try to close the window nothing happens too and I need to refresh the page to doc the tab of chat.
The operator view opens too but he not ask me for a credential and the chat is not online nor offline.
On the database have 3 tables and in the Setting table I found a activechatsettings.chargeid in blanch.
What meaning chargeId?
8 years ago
The plugin was originally written by someone else.  There were 2 versions, a free one that had limited functionality and a paid version that had additional features.  I attempted to contact the author numerous times with no success.  So I decompiled the code, removed all the licencing requirements and updated it to work with the most recent version of nopCommerce at the time. ChargeId is probably left over from the licencing model that was originally in place when I decompiled the code.  I used it quite successfully in that state for a couple releases.  The nop team made some changes around plugins in 3.4 if I remember right, which broke the plugin.  At the time I really wanted the plugin to work but I didn't have the time to update it, I was too busy trying to keep up with demand in my business.  I have since closed the business, so now I have no interest in making it work.  The source code is in the public domain at the link below.  Unfortunately no one has contacted me to take over the project.  It has been downloaded 27 times, but no updates have been made to it since the original post nearly a year ago.  Too bad, with not much effort this well built plugin could be used again.  If anyone has interest and wants to take over let me know.  I hate to see this die, but I really have no interest in maintaining something I have no use for.

nop team, why not include this in the core?  It's here, it's free and it provides real value to an e-commerce solution.  When it comes to ip, I had no interest in letting someone else store my conversations with my customers on their servers.  I wanted clear ownership and chain of custody.

https://nopactivechat.codeplex.com/
8 years ago
Thank You jestes.

No problem, I know which exists various chats how LiveZilla and others.
Will be great if nopCommerce have your own online chat.
I think which Active Chat is light weight and use a fraction of files than your counterparts.
And now with MVC6 compatibility with Owin will be easy to develop real time applications for nopCommerce.

Best Regards.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.