nopCommerce 1.6 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Impressive roadmap

for me the important options are

- Bundled products
- Quickbooks

and if possible a better editor?

(although I guess it would be possible to modify the existing editor and replace it with something like a telerik editor?)

- if this does come out soon then I think ill switch one of my clients over from ablecommerce to nopcommerce as u would have pretty much covered all of the features of able.

Fantastic job guys/gals
14 years ago
Love the product!

Would like to see, in priority order:
- Improved multi currency handling.  The ability to update selected currencies automatically - say once a day.  Rather than manual.
- Payment house for Direct Payment Solutions  (a New Zealand provider)
- The ability to have a store within store for some members.  ie, i you are a certain type of member, you can have access to certain products
- Auctions

But are grateful for anything.

Take care

b
14 years ago
Quickbook integration is #1 for me, and this would also include the addition of QBMS as a Payment option.

I think Hien has a good extension: http://www.usasupportcenter.com/Products/7-quickbooks-connection.aspx, he's nice enough to offer an evaluation version, and I think he's already "web-services-enabled" NOP so that QB connector can talk to NOP.

Looking forward to this.
14 years ago
well , here are my thoughts. besides some basic improvements to catalog and order management, i think Nop has enough featrues to satisfy real world needs.

what we lack today is in my oppinion more marketing tools. maerketing tools meaning more customer oriented featrue, intelligence, better ways to understand customer behaviors and trends. having that makes your site more productive and successful. so here is my list :

Integration :
Having a WebServices SDK would allow anybody to create interfaces to/from Nop, not just quickbooks. this is a task that should get a lot of attention and would help many users.

Catalog Features:
- Catalog (categories, products etc) localization
- Bundled products
- Product tags
- Individual prices can be specified for individual customer groups
- Products sorting (front end)

Orders:
- Allow customers to enter price
- Backend order creation/editing
- Catalog based ACL (restrict/grant access to a certain category or product)
- Configurable checkout attributes (such as 'Accept terms' or 'Enter custom message')
- Pre-order support

Marketing:
- Reward Points System
- More analytics and reporting
- Configurable customer attributes (such as 'date of birth', 'phone number')
- better Campaign management
- Social bookmarking
- Google Websitre optimizer integartion
- More SEO friendly
- Improved Google Checkout payment method

Performance:
- Performance optimization
- probably review the way cache is managed and makit configurable.

Payment:
- 3D Secure / Verified by Visa : I was really surprised to see this one on the list. I am not sure if poeple know what it is but it is quiet a subject and would be a GREAT GREAT PLUS to have for merchants. (it would save them tons of credit card fees and charge backs)
14 years ago
Use of email templates
An option whether to use some of the email templates or not would be great. In some cases is does not make sense to send a customer an 'Order Completed' message or the store owner a low stock message.

agree with this, and would like to turn off pdf invoice, as from what i have read on forum is hard to customise, therefore will need to send invoices manually. and having an online one that differs from the website one confuses the customer...
14 years ago
I agree with the roadmap, looks good.

I would like to see better CMS usage.

Perhaps something like Wordpress, EonicWeb, SiteCore style page management.

Regards
14 years ago
Thanks a lot for your suggestions and feedback. We've decided to use CodePlex for the further development. So please add you suggestions to http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic (vote option is available there).
14 years ago
Thanks Andrei for uploading this survey, it was very detailed and it includes many important topics

Just finished with the voting and left many comments for nopCommerce team

Hope it helps
14 years ago
I would like to suggest that automatic froogle data feed uploads should occur when we click generate.

It shouldn't be too hard of a modification and is available in most other shopping carts. We simply input our google ftp username and password and when we hit generate it automatically connects in the background to upload.google.com and uploads our datafeed.

This would eliminate the need for scheduled feeds in froogle, and eliminate the problem with needing static froogle names.
14 years ago
These options and features look AMAZING.  Can't wait for it!  QuickBooks Integration is key for us!

Any idea of the timeline for the release?  I'd almost rather see a 1.55 release with half the features or a 1.6 with half and 1.7 with the other half (based on voting).   I know this is another big upgrade, but certain things would be best released sooner rather than later.  I'll go vote on which at http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic

Thanks for all your amazing work!  I love 1.5 and can't wait to see 1.6!

Ben
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.