Product specification vs Product variant attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Il y a 12 ans
Hi
I am planning to use nopC as a bookstore for this purpose I need to map fields like:

Number of pages
Author Name
ISBN etc.

The problem is that product specification only takes predefined values such as for color and size. These attributes are not limited in number. I tried to use Product variant and attributes but they prompt the user for input of values which I dont want.

I just need plain text which can be associated with each book, help required please...kindly guide me what would be the best approach to achieve this.

P.S. Adding these to the prduct description would be the last resort as I also want to put filters on some of these.

Thanks.
Il y a 12 ans
infiniti wrote:
Hi
I am planning to use nopC as a bookstore for this purpose I need to map fields like:

Number of pages
Author Name
ISBN etc.

The problem is that product specification only takes predefined values such as for color and size. These attributes are not limited in number. I tried to use Product variant and attributes but they prompt the user for input of values which I dont want.

I just need plain text which can be associated with each book, help required please...kindly guide me what would be the best approach to achieve this.

P.S. Adding these to the prduct description would be the last resort as I also want to put filters on some of these.

Thanks.

You can add this extension, which will soon be available for v2.x. Check:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7288/extra-fields.aspx
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11816/product-specification-value-mod-for-2021.aspx

Another option is to use Manufacturers and Tags as commented here

In v2.3 there will be an option to include ISBN. Check here
Il y a 12 ans
Thanks Eduardo, yes I am closely following the link for the up coming extension for 2.x, I hope it comes out in the next week.
I will download the changeset with the ISBN mod also and experiment with it. I will post back my findings so that others can also benefit from them.
It would be great if in the specification attributes we could select atleast a plain text type in which details like "Number of pages" etc. could be entered. I think its not a big change but it would go a long way in providing flexibility to admins. Spec att are a great setting but they are only limited to predefined finite set of values.
Thanks again.
Babur.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.