Change the Top Menu??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Hello All,
I actually made great progress today diving into how to customize the standard theme.  One issue that I can't seem to overcome is how to change the out of the box top menu which consists of Home Page | New Products | Search | My Account | Blog | Contact Us.

Does anyone know where to go to change that menu with my own values.  Ideally I would like to include my own custom icons as well.

I also wanted to see if it is possible to change the section of "Manufacturers" to something else.  For example, Distributors.

Thanks for the help!
12 anni tempo fa
madv1457 wrote:

One issue that I can't seem to overcome is how to change the out of the box top menu which consists of Home Page | New Products | Search | My Account | Blog | Contact Us.

Sorry, what do you mean: "out" ? Margin? Border? There is .headermenu ul.topmenu class in the css, you can try to change it.

madv1457 wrote:

Does anyone know where to go to change that menu with my own values.  Ideally I would like to include my own custom icons as well.

Look at HeaderMenu.ascx file, I think it is the only way to change the menu items.

madv1457 wrote:

I also wanted to see if it is possible to change the section of "Manufacturers" to something else.  For example, Distributors.

You can change necessary resource values using Admin/Content manageement/Localication
12 anni tempo fa
Thanks for all the replies...I was able to figure out part of the header issue so things are looking better.

In terms of the second part, I wanted to change the actual name from Manufacturers to Distributors.  My template is based off the standard darkOrange theme.  I know you can add values withint the admin console, but since we do not deal with Manufacturers I thought the functionality would be great to list our distributors and figured there has to be a way of simply changing the name.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks again for the help!
12 anni tempo fa
madv1457 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies...I was able to figure out part of the header issue so things are looking better.

In terms of the second part, I wanted to change the actual name from Manufacturers to Distributors.  My template is based off the standard darkOrange theme.  I know you can add values withint the admin console, but since we do not deal with Manufacturers I thought the functionality would be great to list our distributors and figured there has to be a way of simply changing the name.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks again for the help!

In Admin> Content Management > Localization search for resource value ="Manufacturers" and change the correspondig resource to "Distributors"
12 anni tempo fa
Brilliant!  Thanks Eduardo.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.