2.0 beta - Tier pricing and Customer Roles - overlap with "All customer roles"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Is this by design, or a flaw?  If I set up Tier pricing for "All customer roles" and for "Administrator" where the qty overlaps...

Customer role  Quantity  Price

Administrators  1  125
Administrators  5  110
All customer roles  5  120
All customer roles  7  124

Then the "Administrator"  sees all the Tier Prices  (looks funny)...

PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save

Quantty  1 +  5 +  5 +  7 +
Price  $125.00  $110.00  $120.00  $124.00

And if Admin orders qty > 7, the checkout price is calculated based on 7+ = $124 rather than the lesser price of 5+ = $110
12 anni tempo fa
It's by design (all rules are met by a customer). Although the highest price of "5 quanity" in this case can be hidden
12 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
It's by design (all rules are met by a customer). Although the highest price of "5 quanity" in this case can be hidden

That seems to be a contradiction.  If you say "can be hidden", then it would seem they you agree it should be hidden.
(And, what is your thought on whether it should calculate the lowest price?)

As is, I would think it dangerous to assign pricing tiers to "All customer roles" if one plans on using any other roles for pricing.  It would be safer to create specific roles for pricing and be sure to assign user to just one of them.

Also, I see that you've removed "Is administrator" and "Is forum moderator" checkboxes from Customer setup, and have instead created a concept of "System Roles"  (Customer Role :  "Is System role:", and "System name").  Would you please explain what these do (and any significance of text in system name - i.e. can one change e.g. "Administrator"?  Can one delete that role? )
12 anni tempo fa
New York wrote:
If you say "can be hidden", then it would seem they you agree it should be hidden.
(And, what is your thought on whether it should calculate the lowest price?)

I can't answer now. Maybe, the lowest price should be calculated.

New York wrote:
Also, I see that you've removed "Is administrator" and "Is forum moderator" checkboxes from Customer setup, and have instead created a concept of "System Roles"  (Customer Role :  "Is System role:", and "System name").  Would you please explain what these do (and any significance of text in system name - i.e. can one change e.g. "Administrator"?  Can one delete that role? )

They're system roles used by system to validate some perissions (their names are self-descriptive). They can't be deleted, and their system name can't be renamed.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.