upgrade but no database entries

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Upgrading from 1.9 to 2.0 (no source) was painless but when it finished there was nothing in the store. I only have 1 db on the server (softsys hosting) and the Create sample data box was not checked.

I've tried to restore my db but that's failing. I assume the install script change the database somehow? Any help is appreciated, two years of work is on the line!
12 anni tempo fa
stencel wrote:
Upgrading from 1.9 to 2.0 (no source) was painless but when it finished there was nothing in the store. I only have 1 db on the server (softsys hosting) and the Create sample data box was not checked.

Did you followed all the steps in the upgrade readme file? It works fine. Try to manually open the new [Product] table (old ones [Nop_EntityName] should be deleted). Does it have any records?

stencel wrote:
I've tried to restore my db but that's failing. I assume the install script change the database somehow? Any help is appreciated, two years of work is on the line!

No, the database backup should work fine (in any case) if you have a valid backup file. Any database administrator can confirm it. I recommend to contact softsys in order to get help with database restoring.

P.S. I also suggest to have a play with the upgrade script on your local machine.
12 anni tempo fa
Did you followed all the steps in the upgrade readme file? It works fine. Try to manually open the new [Product] table (old ones [Nop_EntityName] should be deleted). Does it have any records?

I purchased the 2.0 manual and followed it, unless I skipped it, there was no mention of the upgrade.sql script nor readme. Neither of those files were in the no source or source downloads. I did download it from nopcommerce.com.

Apparently I need MS management studio to run the upgrade script plus the service pack to run on win 7 x64 (very large files to download). Which is where I'm at now . . . waiting. Are there anymore steps I should be aware of?

Thanks for you help and I'll let you know how it goes!

-----------------------

No, the database backup should work fine (in any case) if you have a valid backup file. Any database administrator can confirm it. I recommend to contact softsys in order to get help with database restoring.

P.S. I also suggest to have a play with the upgrade script on your local machine.

Tried the MS platform installer but it downloaded v1.9

Softsys has outstanding tech. support and restored the db very quickly.
12 anni tempo fa
Success!!

Softsys Hosting ran the script for me and other than a few touch ups - things looks great - Thanks again!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.