Upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 without losing theme and Modules changes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Hello,

I'd like to upgrade from v1.9 to v2.0 but considering the new architecture I was wondering if there is an automated way for importing the theme changes and all modifications made to the files in Modules directory or if I need to apply these changes manually?

Also, how it will be addressed the same issue from v2.0 to higher versions?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
12 anni tempo fa
cris_c wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to upgrade from v1.9 to v2.0 but considering the new architecture I was wondering if there is an automated way for importing the theme changes and all modifications made to the files in Modules directory or if I need to apply these changes manually?

You need to apply all the changes manually in 2.0 (if you plan to upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0).
12 anni tempo fa
Thanks for your reply.
I've just done that. It took me almost 2 days.

Do you know if I have to manually apply the changes also when moving from 2.0 to any future version?
12 anni tempo fa
My guess is that they completely rewrote the nopCom code from  webforms to MVC3.  As long as they keep using MVC3 and Razor future upgrades should be much less of a problem.  Just a guess.
12 anni tempo fa
Your guess is actually quite correct.
Future upgrades between version will be way more easier.
NopCommerce 2.0 is now MVC3, while 1.9 was web forms. Such a huge leap in technology does entail more work when upgrading to NopCommerce 2.0. But any future upgrades will be much easier not only because it will be the same technology between versions but also because MVC3 allows NopCommerce to be much more pluggable, something we are already seeing in the current 2.0 version.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.