Will web Forms version be abandone?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Hi All,

I noticed that the new version of NC was done in ASP.Net MVC. Does this mean that the Web Forms version will be deprecated? New updates such as "OpenID, Facebook and Twitter authentication support" will be also applied to the Web Forms version?

I am new (really new) to MVC and I do not want to jump in the latest version until I can somewhat dominate MVC. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much to all. Great work!

LAM.
12 anni tempo fa
All the new features (starting from nop 2.0 to present) will be available / compatible with current or upcoming versions only.

In future, all the support / new features will be provided in upcoming versions only.

Yes, you are right, there won't be any support for webform version fixes or upgrades.

This forum is the only place where you can get support (regarding webforms version) by other nop users.

If you like / want any feature from MVC version, you will have to write your own code for webform version.

I understand that MVC is learning curve for developers who only worked with webforms. So, the only thing that I can recommend you is that - if you're not comfortable with MVC then don't upgrade from 1.9 to 2.X.

This might help you in understanding MVC: http://www.asp.net/mvc
12 anni tempo fa
Thank you so much for your answer.

Following your suggestion to stick to Version 1.9 until I feel more comfortable with MVC, is there a "Best Practice" to where/how place/integrate modifications to the original code so the UPGRADE to next version will go as smoothly as possible when the time comes.

I understand this could be a tricky question because we are not only upgrading version, but platform as well, however, IDEALLY, changes in the database should not be lost.

Thanks again!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.