Upgrading from 1.20 to 1.30

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi, we have an existing 1.20 store which has a few customizations such as the placement of the Add to Cart Button as well as the Product Variants.

Now my question is there a simple way to upgrade to 1.30 from 1.20?

Or will I have to basically remove the files, place the newly downloaded 1.30 files into the webroot, then attach the existing database, and then RE-DO the changes such as Add to Cart/Product Variant locations?

Is this the case, or is there a simple upgrade script I can run somewhere, or what? Reason I am asking is because we have a coder go in and make these changes who is no where to be found. So if we have to re-do the changes made we will need to find another coder! eeep.

Please let me know my options.

Thank you!
14 anni tempo fa
Please disregard this post. I've found some other posts that answered my questions.
14 anni tempo fa
Please do tell, I'm backing up my database and hoping to upgrade to 1.3 ASAP -- I've followed a few other posts but none have come back with some good explanations, I downloaded the "filelist" of files that were updated, but it strikes me as somewhat risky to manually replace all these files and expect everything to work correctly!

I'm specifically interested in your solution as I have a customized web-store running as well!

Thanks!
14 anni tempo fa
Attempted upgrade:

(1) Backup files and database
(2) upload new files to directory
(3) run installation on a new database
(4) after successful setup in new database
(5) restore database from backup
(6) error when I go to visit a store...!

So what now? Do I need to run another SQL script on my restored db to get it to properly configure!?
14 anni tempo fa
Just read again of what you just did...

Doing step 5 you wiped out the new settings for version 1.30.

Yes, if you are upgrading from a 1.20 db you need to run the upgrade script (only because you did step 5) and probably go thru and check all admin settings.

If you have custom files, check them one by one against the new files and edit these as required. I know that's a lot of work but upgrading an asp.net site is not like upgrading Adobe, Word or Office or some similar application.

Something users should be aware of BEFORE doing an upgrade.
14 anni tempo fa
Ok your right, I tried working this a bit differently

I moved in all the 1.3 files, setup and restored my database (without running the nopCommerce setup). I edited the connection string file to properly reflect the new DB and ran the updated script and still got an error.
14 anni tempo fa
Also, when I try to run the 1.3 installer on goDaddy the installer does not recognize my database name--I use the connection string and login and password information on screen 2, but than when I select "use an empty database" and enter the name I get the error "database does not exist"???
14 anni tempo fa
Hi, Did you get this resolved. I am getting the same problem when upgrading to 1.5 when trying to attach the existing databse. Says 'database... does not exist'
14 anni tempo fa
When I did my most recent upgrade from 1.40 to 1.50 I manually transitioned my changes from the 1.40 codebase onto a local copy of the 1.50 commerce platform so it looked the same... then I ran the update script on my production 1.40 SQL server (after making a backup!) and then moved over the codebase to match.

I wouldn't trust an upgrade installer to hop versions ... or to do any of my upgrades... I guess I'm too careful and would prefer to know ever step that's being done...

Works pretty smoothly.

The upgrade is really worth it to get the new functionality in 1.50

Jared Nielsen
www.FUZION.org
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.