Editing Product Variants results in error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
I almost finished my front end modification and I see this critical problem at 2.1 and 2.2, its actually a show stopper for me to move forward, any help would be appreciated. Thank U

Edit Product Details  - Product Variants tab - Edit - Click throws Exception

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductVariantController.PrepareProductVariantModel(ProductVariantModel model, ProductVariant variant, Boolean setPredefinedValues) +438
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.ProductVariantController.Edit(Int32 id) +240
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +101
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +188
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +56
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +190
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +93
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8963149
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
12 anni tempo fa
Have you done any changes to the source code?  Can you please debug PrepareProductVariantModel method of ProductVariantController in order to know where exactly the exception is thrown?
12 anni tempo fa
I did not change Assemblies except css files on the front end. But in the back end tables - I did modify few things.

1. Removed countries Except India and USA
2. Removed Currencies Except India and USA

I was getting the same error in 2.1 and hoping a fix at 2.2, I upgraded to 2.2 and the error is same.
12 anni tempo fa
Can you please debug PrepareProductVariantModel method of ProductVariantController in order to know where exactly the exception is thrown?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.