CSS in IE6 and IE7

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Hi Guys,

I have started putting my template together, looks great in Firefox and IE 8 but in IE6 and IE 7 my menu hangs low and my right hand side column looks a little funny.  It can be viewed at http://www.thegamesdungeon.com/ - do yoou have any idea how to rectify the problem?? Just dont want the site to look bad for those people that havent upgraded their browsers.

Cheers.

Dave.
14 anni tempo fa
I'm using IE 8 and it looks perfectly fine to me...

edit:: Okay I see what you mean now...ie 8 good...sorry I was getting confuseed...let me see.
14 anni tempo fa
Want to zip up your theme folder and send it to me?  mskiltonATgmail.com  its hard to debug without the files.

Could possibly be to do with the header element

<div class="header">
    <div class="header-selectors-wrapper">
        <div class="header-taxDisplayTypeSelector">

</div>
        <div class="header-currencyselector">

</div>
        <div class="header-languageSelector">

</div>
    </div>
</div>
14 anni tempo fa
Could be good old ie6 double margin bug (do a google for "ie6 double margin bug")

Check margin values on .logo class and .master-wrapper-content. Also you should set your logo class background to no-repeat.

Hope this helps,
Ben
14 anni tempo fa
hey,

I think your header div class is causing the issue. you could either remove this as you not using it and apply a height attribute the the header-logo and then apply the clear:left attribute to the header-menu div as you floating the header-logo.

With a bit of working this will sort your issues

Or you could keep header div and use the positioning  and z-index to overlay the header-logo div.

I hope this helps..

mike..
14 anni tempo fa
Hi there!

Thank you all for your help with that little problem! Your were all correct about removing the header. Then adding the height and the clear left worked a treat. Thank you all for the assistance.

Dave.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.