Error saving settings in Admin area if interface setted to non-English

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
When I try to save changes anything in Admin/Configuration and when interface language set to non-English (Russian) then error occures with following message in event log:
When interface set to English then saving finished ok.

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args) at Nop.Services.Logging.CustomerActivityService.InsertActivity(String systemKeyword, String comment, Object[] commentParams) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\CustomerActivityService.cs:line 160 at Nop.Services.Logging.CustomerActivityService.InsertActivity(String systemKeyword, String comment) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Logging\CustomerActivityService.cs:line 138 at Nop.Admin.Controllers.SettingController.CustomerUser(CustomerUserSettingsModel model) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

URL страницы:  http://.../admin/setting/customeruser  
Referrer URL:  http://.../Admin/Setting/CustomerUser  

What is wrong?
12 anni tempo fa
According to the stack trace you're trying to update 'Customer Settings' page. And the exception is thrown on the following line of code:
_customerActivityService.InsertActivity("EditSettings", _localizationService.GetResource("ActivityLog.EditSettings"));

Go to admin area > configuration > languages. Click 'View string resources' beside the Russian language. Find 'ActivityLog.EditSettings' locale resource. What is its value?
12 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
According to the stack trace you're trying to update 'Customer Settings' page. And the exception is thrown on the following line of code:
_customerActivityService.InsertActivity("EditSettings", _localizationService.GetResource("ActivityLog.EditSettings"));

Go to admin area > configuration > languages. Click 'View string resources' beside the Russian language. Find 'ActivityLog.EditSettings' locale resource. What is its value?

Andrey,

It value is "Изменена настройка ('{0}')". Is it correct?
12 anni tempo fa
No, it should not contain '{0}'. Remove it. The resource should be "Изменена настройка"
12 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
No, it should not contain '{0}'. Remove it. The resource should be "Изменена настройка"

Andrei,

Thank you very much. Fixed.
12 anni tempo fa
hi.....i have the problem with rtl,
      am using Nop V 2.30 i am developing website for multilingual RTL language for Arabic......i have problems when i use the language options to arabic from englsih...am gettting error like ....but when i use englsih as my website language it working fine...but when i use arabic as my option i get runt time error like........

In catalog controller Line No 328.....

model.DefaultPictureModel.Title = string.Format(_localizationService.GetResource("Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat"), model.Name);

ERROR:
Input string was not in a correct format.

in xml i changed this

<LocaleResource Name="Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat">
    <Value>Show details for {0}</Value>
  </LocaleResource>  

to Arabic  

<LocaleResource Name="Media.Product.ImageLinkTitleFormat">
    <Value>{إظهار تفاصيل {0</Value>
  </LocaleResource>  

what should be done to get rid of this error please help.....

i posted a topic here please have look.....it was not solved

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13673/problem-with-multilingual-rtl-languages.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.