PayPal Standard showing customer billing address for shipping address

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
Version: 2.30
Modifications previously made: I made the email address field on checkout optional.
SQL SERVER: 2008 R2

I am using PayPal Standard payment method. I go through the entire one page checkout process, filling in all of the addresses (both shipping and billing), and go through the rest of the steps. When I press the "confirm" button on the last step of checkout, it successfully forwards me to the paypal site to finish paying.  

Now regardless of whether I log in to a paypal account, or enter my credit card information, when I go to the next screen it will show me the "shipping address".  This shipping address is always the billing address that I entered on my site before I came to paypal.

I though that maybe the fields were getting messed up on my site, so I logged in as an admin and checked the order.  The CORRECT billing address is listed under "billing address", and the same goes for the shipping address listed...they are both correct. So it appears that the billing address is being sent across to paypal as the shipping address.

This doesn't actually effect functionality, since the correct addresses are in the correct fields on my side.  But it can be confusing to the user as they know they aren't shipping to themselves (they are being shown THEIR billing address, not the person's address that they are sending their gift to).
12 anni tempo fa
Actually a shipping address is not passed to PayPal side. I'm not sure whether it's possible (I'll investigate it a bit later)
12 anni tempo fa
If it's not possible to pass both the billing and shipping address, is there anyway that I can make it so that the shipping address just doesn't show on the paypal side? I tried the no_shipping flag to 1 but it didn't seem to change anything.
12 anni tempo fa
clucernoni wrote:
I tried the no_shipping flag to 1 but it didn't seem to change anything.

Try no_shipping=2
12 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
I tried the no_shipping flag to 1 but it didn't seem to change anything.
Try no_shipping=2

I'm pretty sure that is the default value for != noshippingrequired. Which is my case. no_shipping=1 is for when shipping is not required. I'm at work so I'm quoting this from memory. I could be wrong.
12 anni tempo fa
Ohh, you're absolutely right. It should be set to 1. And according to PayPal API (as I know) it should ignore shipping addresses if this case
12 anni tempo fa
a.m. wrote:
Ohh, you're absolutely right. It should be set to 1. And according to PayPal API (as I know) it should ignore shipping addresses if this case

One additional thing to note, which took me an hour or two to figure out, is that even if you set the no_shipping to 1, you won't get the desired result unless you also remove the address_override=1 from the existing paypal standard plugin. Do you know if this will negatively effect anything else? I get the desired result this way (billing address is prepopulated, and the next screen shows no shipping address).

If this is being considered a bug to be fixed, just make sure to set the first flag to 1, and also remove the address override.

Thanks for the help.
12 anni tempo fa
clucernoni wrote:
Do you know if this will negatively effect anything else?

Honestly I don't remember. I'll have a look at this issue a bit later
12 anni tempo fa
clucernoni wrote:
Is that even if you set the no_shipping to 1, you won't get the desired result unless you also remove the address_override=1 from the existing paypal standard plugin. Do you know if this will negatively effect anything else?

Have you found an answer yet?
12 anni tempo fa
No
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.