Help with fork

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 anni tempo fa
I created a fork for the new Product Picture Zoom Lens and Picture Filename SEO Enhancements, however I implemented those features using nopCommerce 2.3 code. Because I implemented the changes in nopCommerce 2.3 and now the current version is 2.5 by the time I was done, What must I do to contribute my changes to nopCommerce? Do I need to merge my changes into the 2.5 code? I need some direction.
12 anni tempo fa
Right. You need to merge the changes if you want them to work with the latest version
12 anni tempo fa
Okay. How do I merge the changes? Create a Clone of the fork, then what? Could you give me the steps to merge the changes and the best tool to use. I have TortoiseHg (not very familar with it). I normally use TFS and Source Control Explorer.
12 anni tempo fa
Please find more info here
12 anni tempo fa
breakskater wrote:
Okay. How do I merge the changes? Create a Clone of the fork, then what?

This is how I started to work with the nopCommerce source:

1. Cloned repository to my disk
2. First time merged my changes manually (I use plugins, so, it was pretty easy).
3. TortoiseHG Workbench -> Settings -> Commit -> Push after commit - Unspecified.
4. TortoiseHG Workbench -> Settings -> Workbench-> After pull operation - Unspecified.

You can also install VisualHG for integration with VisualStudio.

So, I do not push my changes in the global repository, only commit them to my local disk. Periodically (about ones in two-three days) I implement Pull operation and Merge with local. I do not use Mercurial auto resolve conflicts - had some problems with it.

As the result I allways have fresh version of the nopCommerce. This is a little risk, maybe, but the developer team work very accurate.

If anybody knows better way to work with source - please tell me.
11 anni tempo fa
Serge Gusev wrote:

2. First time merged my changes manually (I use plugins, so, it was pretty easy).

Let's say I have nopCommerce 2.3 source with changes. What is the easiest way to merge those changes into nopCommerce 2.5? I do not have a repository either, because I just downloaded nop 2.3 and started developing without a fork first.

Would creating a repository on the nopCommerce 2.3 source then pulling a nopCommerce 2.5 fork accomplish merging the 2.5 code into my 2.3 repository?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.