Can't find CSS or gif for area just under bg_container.gif

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
I'm using the darkOrange theme as a starting point for a new theme.

I can't find the CSS or gif file needed to change the color for the grey bar that is directly under the bg_container.gif.

Any idea where this is located?

Thanks in advance for the help.
14 anni tempo fa
Do you see everything below the dashed line below? That's what I wrote before I realized I may be full of poo. Try this first. Go to master.css, and in the css class:

.headermenu
{
  color: #FFFFFF;
  background: #3a3a3a;
  padding: 8px 5px 9px 5px;
  text-align: center;
  height: 100%;
  vertical-align: middle;
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  margin-bottom: 10px;
}

change the background color  background: #3a3a3a  to some other color. I don't believe there is an image there. You may be able to add one there if you wish, but I believe it's just a background color there.

If this doesn't work, read my diatribe below.

=====================================================================

ok....yes, I worked on that several weeks back, when I was firs familiarizing myself with the project, and If I recall it about drove me nuts looking for it also.

I am working from memory because the project I have loaded on my development machine has been modified, and will not render the original themes. But here is what I can remember, and please forgive me if I am wrong.

The section you are describing is found in the master.css stylesheet under the .headermenu css class. I believe that I found that the reason that you don't find a background image in that class is because this section is clear, and the color you are looking at is actually the background image, (or maybe the background color) from one of the containers. located on the same sheet near the top.

As an example, near the top of this stylesheet, in the .master-wrapper-content css class, you will find
background: #555 url(images/bg_container.gif) repeat-x;  

the #555 is the background color, and the image is a very thin width image that repeats in the x or horizontal direction when it is loaded within the parameters of the css class.

Try changing the images and background colors in the containers to see if that works.
14 anni tempo fa
Thanks for the help but I tried making both black and no luck. I'll keep looking.

.headermenu
{
  color: #FFFFFF;
  background: #000000;
  padding: 8px 5px 9px 5px;
  text-align: center;
  height: 100%;
  vertical-align: middle;
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  margin-bottom: 10px;
}

.master-wrapper-content
{
  float: left;
  width: 830px;
  margin: 15px 0 0;
  text-align: left;
  background: #000000;
}
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.