subcategories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
i have several categories which have subcategories

when i select category from left menu, the subcategories appear in the left menu and also in a grid on the main part of the page.

it's fine (but not essential) that the subcategories continue to appear in left menu -  but i want them not to appear on the subcategory page.

here's the BUT

i dont want this to be a universal change, because i only want this to happen in a couple of categories - (why? because i'm building this for a friend who wants a secondary menu system on certain categories. Please, don't ask !!)

I cannot remove the code completely from

ProductsInGrid.ascx

because i don't want a universal change, though as a sticking plaster, i've moved the subcategories to the bottom of the page but this does not look so good.

i thought that i could unselect 'publish category' for the specific subcategories because this stops them appearing - which is fine because i am linking to them with a link eg<a href="applicationname/Category/63-.aspx"> in the secondary menu system - but the secondary menu links stop working once the category is unpublished.

any suggestions (if any of you even make any sense of what i just wrote, lol !!)
14 anni tempo fa
I can understand,

and i made that visibility to false(i did not remove that code), so all the categorys donot show up.

You can do two things.

1. tell your friend this is the framwork and this is how it works.

or

2. in the codebehind files depending upon the category choosen you can set the visibility to true or false.

You may do a lot of work i suppose
14 anni tempo fa
lol, yes, i was going to tell my friends that it was just like that !!   :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.