Header menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Good morning all yee happy nopCommerce folk,
As this is my first post, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Johann and I live in the UK. I intend opening an e-commerce store selling a wide range of products and my sincere thanks to nopCommerce for a fantastic open source solution. I would like my site to look unique and I want to change two features on my home page.
1) I would like to move the <div class="category-navigation"> and place it in the <div class="headermenu">. It must appear between the "Home Page" link and "New Products" link.
2) I would like to spice up my "Home Page"/Welcome page. I do not want to show the default homepage as I feel it is only duplicating what is in the category page anyway.
My question.....Is it legal under the open source licence agreement and can any one please advice me on how to do it? My CSS knowledge is intermediate and I have a lot still to learn. Any suggestions?
Many thanks. Johann
14 anni tempo fa
You can edit to your hearts content! Just make sure you don't remove the "Powered by NopCommerce" down the bottom unless you purchase a licence.

You need too look in the app_themes directory, this will allow to chnage some of the content. I suggest copying one of these and rename it to your store or something.  Then if all goes hey wire you still have the orginial.  Once you have copied the directory you can go into the nop commece admin panel and choose your new theme under global settings.

If your wanting to change the structure of the homepage then you'r probably going to have to edit nop pages modules/header.ascx modules/headmenu.ascx

I suggest first of all get the site up and running and just start playing with the code and see how it all ties together, after a couple of days throw it away and start again once you have  abetter idea how it all works.

Remeber if you have any questions then feel free to ask in the forums.
14 anni tempo fa
Thank you for your prompt reply Skiltz. I have my site running on my pc with IIS at the moment and it is not on line yet, so i can play with it and get it just right before going live. Will keep you updated with my progress.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.