Aspx and developer toolbar and firebug for firefox and finding paths or not

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 anni tempo fa
Dear community,

I have been using explorer developer toolbar and firebug and still cant seem to see nothing but css and minimal html in the dotnetnuke and nopcommerce. I dont know if I am not looking at this right in which I am looking at html and not finding any paths, I found some actions equaling a path to a page that is up at the top of the presentation.

My question is, is there any better ways to find the deep and long path of a file in aspx stuff and abroad. Where you can put your white arrow tool over it and bam, there is the long path all the way from the subfolder in your root domain, like the yellow brick road to it to pluck it and be done with it.

Thank you.
14 anni tempo fa
I think your answer may vary depending on what your doing exactly.

-If your trying to find the modules that produces the page, look at the source code on the page your trying to edit and then you can find the module within the module folder.

example: This page would include a Topic and HomePageCategories module.

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cph1" runat="Server">
    <nopCommerce:Topic ID="topicHomePageText" runat="server" TopicName="HomePageText">
    </nopCommerce:Topic>
    <div class="clear">
    </div>
    <nopCommerce:HomePageCategories ID="ctrlHomePageCategories" runat="server" />
    <div class="clear">
</asp:Content>

-If your trying to find out which css element that makes (for example) the background color, then using firebug would be a great option. After starting firebug by pressing control+shift+c you can mouse over and inspect each element.

Best Regards

Curt Wheeler
www.100development.com
nopCommerce Template Store
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.